Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of removing and BLACKING the two metallic Mazda badges/logos in this picture... the big M above the license plate and the Mazda6 in the lower left hand corner. Question: what is the easiest way to get them off? Are they clipped one? Taped? Do I have to push them out from the inside? After a successful removal and BLACKING, do I have to double sided tape them back on? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,137 Posts
They're both held on with some 3M Automotive tape, and the badge (if I remember correctly) has 2 pins that poke through the trunk.

Removal is as simple as peeling them off, though you may want to add some goo-gone to help the adhesive come off.

Any automotive place or Walmart/Target will sell 3M Automotive Adhesive. It's fairly cheap and very durable, that's what you want to use to put them back on.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Yeah, the emblem is pinned through the trunk but the other (and the "Skyactiv" one) is just glued on. I de-badged the left and right side ones in a few minutes with a piece of fishing line to cut through the adhesive (removing the residue was easy) but left the center logo alone.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Fishing line and goo-gone will get everything off. Here is a DIY that I did for the 3rd gen. I assume that your rear emblem is the same. I actually didn't reapply any adhesive to my rear emblem when I put it back on. Just pushing the pins into the grommets seems to hold it very well. I've probably had it off and on a dozen times with no issues.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/exterio...iy-front-rear-emblem-removal.html#post4286402

1 - 4 of 4 Posts