Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to another member on here about our VIN's because we both have cars with the same production month in the same color. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the exact date not listed on the door jam tag? That seems kinda odd. I thought normally the whole date was listed. Back to the VIN, the last digits on the VIN comprise the production number of the vehicle usually. Anyways, I figured ours would be pretty close and they were. The last 4 numbers were seperated by a mere 30.

Now does anyone know if we share the production numbers with the regular 6 or if we have our own series? Also, does anyone happen to know what the first month of production was? I thought November of 2005 was pretty early, but if there was a series run of 5,000 units, then mine was made over half way into that. (Assuming that's what the last 4 digits correspond to, which I believe they do).

I searched and couldn't find any info on this in the Mazdaspeed section. I'm just curious about this, since it's a limited production vehicle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Vin info

JM1 GG 1 2 L * 6 # 123456

JM1 Mazda/passenger car
GG Mazdaspeed6
1 Restraint system ( Driver-side , passenger-side side, and curtain air bag module
2 Body style ( 4 door sedan )
L Engine ( L3 with TC )
* Check digit *=0 to 9,X
6 Model Year
# Plant 0=Hiroshima 1=Hofu
123456 Serial Number

·
Registered
90 Posts
Vin info

JM1 Mazda/passenger car
GG Mazdaspeed6
1 Restraint system ( Driver-side , passenger-side side, and curtain air bag module
L Engine ( L3 with TC )
* Check digit *=0 to 9,X
6 Model Year
# Plant 0=Hiroshima 2=Hofu
123456 Serial Number[/b]
do u happen to know where plant 1 is? i googled it but got different results. most say its Hofu. somehow my 07 MS6 was made in plant 1.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Vin info

JM1 Mazda/passenger car
GG Mazdaspeed6
L Engine ( L3 with TC )
* Check digit *=0 to 9,X
6 Model Year
# Plant 0=Hiroshima 2=Hofu
123456 Serial Number[/b]
Edit Plant 0=Hiroshima 1=Hofu I fat fingered it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts