Mazda 6 Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
go buy a dodge again :shrug:

use a calculator or even use the internet there are plenty of sites were u type in a couple of numbers and boom there it is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurect a topic that has been dead for many years and it probably isn't of that much use to anyone, but just in case it is, the center console of my Mazda 6TS (uk, middle spec, not sure how that translates) had a button that showed info, so cycles between instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, miles remaining, etc.
Recently the backlight was fading and some of the segments were dying too. I got a new one off ebay but the info button was labeled Edit. After fitting it in the car, I realised the edit button only set the clock, which was no use.

So with a unit that had the functions with a buggered display, and a unit that didn't with a good display, I decided to modify them - this is what I found the difference was:

So R801 and R802 swapped (0 ohm resistor, or link)
L801 which says 2.2 very low resistance, I guess with an L it could be an inductor but not sure
C818 a capacitor, not sure of the value.

Having replaced those componants from one board to the other, the new unit now works as the old did, but with a functional display.

Thought it may be of use to someone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know how much gas is used at each line at the fuel gauge? I know from the full line to the 3/4 line is 4.5 gallons.

·
Rally Racer
2,194 Posts
Wow this is interesting.. I've always wondered if there was a way to get that part of the display to work.. Has anyone tried importing a euro or jdm display and plugging into a us 6?
It is possible to get it to work. From the back of the information display remove the thin film resistor from [R801] and solder it to [R802]

The display does not however read any information. My guess is that it must receive this info from the speedometer assembly.

I'm still searching.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts