Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
The original Scan-Gauge is no longer sold, but here are some pics of the guts of it:
SG circuit board/LCD and head-unit cassette faceplate

Another shot of the circuit board

This one shows the size of the LCD compared to the cassette faceplate

I had plans to do a custom installation, sort of like what's shown in this pic, but the bottom line for me was that I couldn't adapt it to make it fit, so I sold the original Scan-Gauge and purchased a Scan-Gauge II, which fits nicely here:

[/b]
No longer sold :swearin:

Anyway any new updates on the stock display?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Just get the Scanguage II

·
Registered
489 Posts
No longer sold :swearin:[/b]
The ORIGINAL Scan-Gauge (which I disassembled to see if it would fit in the cassette-tape faceplate) is no longer sold. The NEW Scan-Gauge II (shown on top of the steering column in the above photos) is definitely available.

Click here to buy a Scan-Gauge II.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
The ORIGINAL Scan-Gauge (which I disassembled to see if it would fit in the cassette-tape faceplate) is no longer sold. The NEW Scan-Gauge II (shown on top of the steering column in the above photos) is definitely available.

Click here to buy a Scan-Gauge II.[/b]
Thanks for the link and the info. Will be buying.

G

·
I'm not familliar with the button's setup on your HU's however;
You six'ers might want to look in this direction, this works on the 2006+ 3's:

So I did it this way.......

-Before start the engine, keep pressed CD and AM/FM Buttons.
-Start Engine
-after 5 seconds, you will see in the display "DIS ON" (Driver Information System)
-Stop the engine
- Start the engine again...

Now, you will have your trip computer activated...[/b]
And if that works; :)
Maybe one of you kind folks can help me find a "Holy Grail" photo for the Mazda 3 ?? :)
I'm seeing the small photo on the vendors site, and I'm sure I saw a larger one somewhere in that huge Holy Grail thread..
I've gone back over that giant thread looking for that picture, can't find the damn thing.
Of course "search within a thread" isn't a possibility on this board software, that would help :)
EDIT: My BAD.. I just noticed "search topic" at the end of the thread.. I'll try again :)

Thanks guys..
Steven

EDIT:

Another instruction for the same feature set:
Tried mine and was able to unlock by following

1) Hold FM 1/2 and CD button with key at OFF position
2) Turn key to ACC and you will see HELLO followed by DIS ON
3) Turn off key and then start engine.
4) Use SET to toggle between functions
5) Press clock to go back to clock display and set to trip display

Mine is a Mz3 06 SP[/b]
EDIT: and Finally, how this came about on the 3 forums:
I don't know why I pressed the SAT & MEDIA buttons together (on my Mazda3 GT), but that turned off my trip computer, at least the display part of it.
I called my dealer, but they had no clue about it and told me to bring the car in. I'd rather not waste the time to go over there just to have them push a few buttons to make the trip computer display turn back on. Does anyone know which buttons need to be pressed to turn my trip computer back on?[/b]
Another guy; same problem:
since the woman at my dealer's service department didn't know what the heck i was talking about, i contacted mazda at the 800 number they list on the main mazdausa.com web page for customer service. the guy at mazda actually had a solution (after talking to a bunch of people and calling me back).

to turn the trip computer back on;
you have to start the car,
turn on the stereo, and while the stereo is on,
press the AM/FM button at the same time as the CD button for about 5 seconds.
after a few seconds, you should get a message saying DIS ON.
at that point, turn off the car and turn it back on to see if the trip computer has actually been turned on and is functional.[/b]

·
Registered
101 Posts
hmm... if i didn't park on the street and if it weren't raining right now, I'd run out and try this. I'll give it a shot in the morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Didn't work for me either.

·
Registered
249 Posts
wasnt there a 9 million page thread about this already?[/b]
Yes... Yes there was... Actually come to think of it, it was REALLY close to 10 million...

I say it's time to put this one to bed... Unless someone actually re-manufactures the board for it to work... It's dead... Sooo yaaa...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yes... Yes there was... Actually come to think of it, it was REALLY close to 10 million...

I say it's time to put this one to bed... Unless someone actually re-manufactures the board for it to work... It's dead... Sooo yaaa...[/b]
+1

·
Registered
7 Posts
my car has it - an extra button to scroll the live ltrs/100km, average speed / total average lts/100km

its a 2005 japan mazda 6 limitied with leather etc

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's something that I used to do in my mustang, put your key in, but don't turn, push and hold the trip odometer button, then turn key to acc DONT START! keep holding odometer button until the display goes into a test mode. Tried it on my 6 and it does work. The info however isn't much, and I don't know what it means, most of it is just a test number and either an oo reading or an off reading. Thats my info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm bumping an old thread but it's a shame this was never figured out, I miss this feature a lot because I used it all the time on my Chrysler.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have an '04 6s and when I got this car, it was really weird not to find such an info :mad:
Even a '99 Caravan I used to have had it :eek:

61 - 80 of 87 Posts