Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is nearing time for me to replace the front rotors (30,500 miles, live on a steep hill, auto tranny) on my 2004 Mazda6 wagon.

The DBA Gold (entry-level) rotors look interesting and their website http://www.dba.com.au emphasizes quality control, which I find reassuring. The prices on-line are competitive with "upgrade" rotors, if not with Raybestos rotors. The shop labor costs are likely to swamp the parts cost, anyway. There was a special offer in the Australia Forum here in May 2004 but a search turns up no follow up on how they work.

(I assume that the reason that only the 2.3 liter inline-4 engine Mazda6 is mentioned in the spec is that the V6 is not sold in Australia?)

So, has anybody actually tried them? Would you buy them again/recommend them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is nearing time for me to replace the front rotors (30,500 miles, live on a steep hill, auto tranny) on my 2004 Mazda6 wagon.

The DBA Gold (entry-level) rotors look interesting and their website http://www.dba.com.au emphasizes quality control, which I find reassuring. The prices on-line are competitive with "upgrade" rotors, if not with Raybestos rotors. The shop labor costs are likely to swamp the parts cost, anyway. There was a special offer in the Australia Forum here in May 2004 but a search turns up no follow up on how they work.

(I assume that the reason that only the 3.3 liter engine Mazda6 is mentioned in the spec is that the V6 is not sold in Australia?)

So, has anybody actually tried them? Would you buy them again/recommend them?
[/b]
DBA rotors are a well renowned brake product, especially their higher end 4000 and 5000 series slotted and drilled rotors. I will be replacing my front rotors shortly with a set of dba slotted ones.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DBA rotors are a well renowned brake product, especially their higher end 4000 and 5000 series slotted and drilled rotors. I will be replacing my front rotors shortly with a set of dba slotted ones.
[/b]
The DBA catalog does not list Mazda6 among the applications for the 4000 Series rtors. Board sponsor Liteswap.com http://www.liteswap.com/Merchant2/merchant..._Code=DBAMazda6 and nonsponsor (AutoPartsWarehouse: URL not supplied due to this board's understandable rule) offer both slotted and smooth DBA rotors (blanks $1.60 more than slotted!), but they both appear to be the street version. What is not clear is whether the current street level DBA rotors have the "kangaroo paw" construction. I understand that, initially, the "kangaroo paw" construction was limited to the higher grade 4000 and 5000 rotors, but that was only until DBA could convert manufacturing to make the entire line "kangaroo paw." Do you know if the latter has happened yet? Will Steve Irwin's death affect the schedule? :blink:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Will Steve Irwin's death affect the schedule? :blink:
[/b]
Crikey ...pretty sad

I tried DBA a few years back when I had a VW Passat Turbo...had to replace original rotor so I foolishly bought DBA drilled...they warped within 3 months...I don't know how good the latest stuff is but once bitten you know. I replaced with orginal set up..sold the car and I saw it recently ...IT had DBAs on it again...must talk to the poor owner (that car must have done 300000kms by now!)

·
Registered
488 Posts
i've been running front slotted DBAs for about 2 and a bit years now I'd say, awesome stuff. Been through a few track days and plenty of highway and city driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts