Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discount Tire will be giving away 5 Discount Cards this Friday. They are good for $50.00 off your next purchase of a set of wheels or a set of tires or $100 off any wheel and tire package.

How do you enter? Its simple, using this link, go to www.tires.com. Enter your vehicles year, make, and model, and take a look at the wheels we have to offer. Then post your $.02 here. No need to post more than once. Those that post here will have their name entered into a hat. We will randomly draw 5 names out of the hat this Friday, September 4th.

Have a great week. We appreciate your support. :yesnod:

-Discount Tire

·
Registered
144 Posts
This sounds like a great deal to me. Spread the word. $100 off a wheel/tire package is a very nice bonus for the members just for checking out the website. They even have rims for my 98' Forester at a good price. They have steelies which are great for winter use or as a spare. The tires are priced low as well. I looked up a decent package for my car with aluminum rims and Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge 225/60R-16s and the shipped price was $933.00. So with the bonus of $100 off it would be just over $800 for the set. Easy to navigate the site too.

Nadeem

·
Administrator
8,402 Posts
I did what you said, and it's a decent setup with the Interactive Wheel System.

A few suggestions:
- You may want to add a few more colors to the palette. The Steel Gray is darker than silver, but lighter than black, and it's hard to compare wheels when the color isn't perfect. I don't mean to do specific colors for each vehicle, but a few more colors would help...
- Speaking as a '03-'05 owner, the Mazda that's represented is only the non-sport package, and IMO a sport-packaged 6 is vastly different in looks. I'd also add options for the 5-door and wagon, since they also would want a set of wheels as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent Feedback guys, Thank you. We really appreciate the responses. I've added your names to the hat for fridays drawing and I will make sure all your suggestions are heard by our web team.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The site is great. Average prices. But I must say I love the feature where you can look at the rims on your car. Excellent idea! Its helping make my decision. Still not exactly sure what package I want. Well really what rims I want. Tires are not a problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like the free shipping on a lot of items, if not the "out the door cost" is just a click away. It takes the guess work out of what the final costs are for products.

Offset on wheels is not readily available, a little digging gets you the info, but it's not up front. Also, weight of a wheel is not listed.

Listing of availability in the distribution location right on the product page is great.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Wow I like the free shipping to Canada! I need new summer tires for next summer.. Just wondering, can you guys use USPS instead of UPS for shipping to Canada?

·
Registered
583 Posts
The Interactive Wheel System is really slow. It is still loading as I type and I don't see a Speed6 version of the car.
Other than that, site looks good. I know it's not as intuitive as TireRack and I agree with others that offset and weight will be essential to enthusiasts.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Yeah, there's no Speed6 version in the Interactive Wheel System. I also would like to see some more clean looking 5-spoke wheel options for the Mazda6. Overall, the site is easy to browse and it's always an option for me to check out when I'm looking into wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I like the selections of wheels but wish for more on the motorsport side. Lighter wheels and somewhat wider as well. Also I think you should separate the wheel size info and offset. Instead of showing, 18x7.55-100/11445CG. It should be more like...
size - 18x7.5
pattern - 5-100/114
offset - 45
color - CG

Just my thought...

·
Registered
563 Posts
the search process could be layed out a little better. you don't currently have an option to filter tires by type-summer/winter/all season etc (unless i couldn't find it). i've had General tires before and like how they handle and ride, so i was kinda bummed when you didn't have any General tires in 17's, and the only General in 18 is the General Exclaim UHP (summer tire). the interacative wheel system actually loaded pretty fast for me considering i'm using wireless with bad connection speeds. i only saw 2 wheel brands for my 2006 6i, maybe expand the brands and wheels under each brand in the near future?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I agree, the interactive wheel thing is really cool. I wish you guys had a larger rim selection (as in variety, no 30" rims, lol). I had to get mine elsewhere. That virtual car/wheel thing is huge though.. it's very hard to tell what wheels will look like until you see them on your car. Great tire selection, and the performance reviews from tests & customer reviews are very helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
i only found 2 winter tires with the size 215/50/17. 1 of which didn't have any pics or info on the tire except the price. :(

is that because it isn't winter? lol..maybe i'm just thinking too far ahead, but more options would be nice. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love the site, but I agree the colors in the palette aren't quite right. I have a 04 Sepang Green M6 with the sport package and there isn't a color or style to match it up there (It is a light silvery-green) and the wheels they show on there (stock) are the 16" alloys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great feedback everyone. I'm happy to see all the participation here. Thank you.

QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Sep 2 2009, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1597290
Wow I like the free shipping to Canada! I need new summer tires for next summer.. Just wondering, can you guys use USPS instead of UPS for shipping to Canada?[/b]
The Free Shipping is through UPS ground. If you want to ship USPS we may be able to do it for you but it wouldn't be free. Give us a call if you would like to explore your options. 1.888.459.4080.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
like most said the interactive wheel thing is nice, but when selecting mazdaspeed6 one would expect to see that vehicle. i think this will help those select the wheel that looks best. its hard to see how a wheel will look on a speed6 if the car shown is a regular 6 as although they are both 6's there are differences that can set off the way a wheel looks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I went to the site looking for winter tires, for the upcoming winter, and couldn't find any way to distinguish between different types (Summer, All season, winter, etc.). That is the biggest thing for me and would prob. shop there more. Also, as anywhere, price matching would be a HUGE plus! Don't know if you do it or not, but it would drive me to buy from DT every time!
As for the wheels, I love all the styles! but that's just my personal preference. I'll be going with the MB Wheels Twist's if I win ;)
I didn't like how our body style (MAZDASPEED edition) isn't available. Also, the wheels I'm looking at aren't available to place even on the 6 body style, as with others. So I'll just Photoshop them on, but many people cannot do that.
I love the site design, especially the front page, very uniform scheme, and pleasing at the same time. I come from a Web Dev background FYI. A+ on the site! Just needs some more filter criteria.

2pennies added. Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Not to be 'me too' about it, but I do have to reiterate some of the above comments about the version of the Mazda 6 you use for the 'see it on your car' section. A base 2.3i looks a lot different than a 3.0S or a Mazdaspeed 6 and when you add that to the lack of colors (Black Cherry Mica, in my case) it's really hard to get a clear picture of how your wheels will look on my car.

I'd also like to see some 'cleaner' 5 & 6 spoke designs from you. If you read around in this forum, there are MANY owners that really like the look of the RX-8 wheels on their 6, which have a very clean, bordering on generic look to them. All the fancy cuts, grooves, etc. that I'm seeing in most, if not all your 5-spoke offereings don't flatter our cars very much.

I'm considering trading my Mazdaspeed 6 for the new 2010 Kia Forte Koup when it arrives, and I'll be looking to you for some good designs. The stock wheels on the Koup are horrible, so I'll be looking for a replacement rather quickly if I decide to go with the car. Just a heads up for ya...let's see that car on your site ASAP!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (MY_LO_MAZDA6 @ Sep 2 2009, 09:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1597360
i only found 2 winter tires with the size 215/50/17. 1 of which didn't have any pics or info on the tire except the price. :(

is that because it isn't winter? lol..maybe i'm just thinking too far ahead, but more options would be nice. :)[/b]
Our winter stock is arriving now. More and more product should be listing for winter tires in the next few weeks. Check checking with us and if you need further assistance please call us. Discount Tire would love to earn your business and would be happy to make some winter tire suggestions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like the new look. I have been a customer for years and like the feature to see a rim I want without having to load the IWS separately. I have a MINI Cooper and appreciate that the image looks realistic instead of cartoonish.

My only suggestion would be to add more filters to the IWS so i can shop that way and get rid of silver wheels if im shopping for black.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.