Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has come up today as I live in Canada.

To someone with a 6 in a country that requires DRL's, Is there a fuse for the DRL's?

I need to disable these in order to install the HID kit when it gets here.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Disabling DRL's for use with HIDs?

I was about to ask this too!

But do you need to remove the fuse to install it or are you trying to disable the DRL??? I think it would be better to run the parking lights in the daytime instead of having HID on in the daytime. I think the halogen would be more visible than a white light in the middle of the day.

So if anyone knows how to remove DRL, though it me be making a Canadian model illegal persay, please explain anyway.

TIA

Hiep

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

HID's won't work with DRL's since the 6's use the lowbeams at 40% power for DRL's. You have to disable them.

·
Registered
653 Posts

Can someone please check their 6's fuse panel? I want to know too!

·
Registered
837 Posts

Doh! Thanks Kincaid! I was about to order an HID without knowing that DRL would mess up the HID. I guess I have to wait to see if someone can disable the DRLs first.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Anyone willing to just check in the manual for this?

·
Registered
837 Posts

What do I check for??? I have the car and the manual but what am I suppose to be looking for? If I find the fuse and remove it, would it not disable the light completely??

Someone give me some hint or suggestion and I find out. Not too familiar with disabling my headlight before. Have not really played with the fuse box at all.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Look for a section in your manual [in the Index] entitled 'Fuse Box' or something similar.

It will tell you what each fuse is for. There will hopefully be one marked for the DRL's. If this is the only thing that the fuse controls you can use the small plyers in your fuse box [while the car is off] and remove it. Then start your car and see if the DRL's come on. If they don't then turn on the lowbeams [these should still come on when you switch them on]. Also please notice if there are any beeps or lights that notify you about the DRL's not working.

Don't worry you can just stick the fuse back in after this if it doesn't work out this way with no harm done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts