Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to hate this fuking feature, last night my windows were all open. Last week my car was broken into, nothing was taken but just the headache of spending the money to fix it, then this morning all my windows are down.

So is there a way to disable that feature?. Its 3 times that happened to me already...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
it only auto-rolls all the way down if you hold the button down..?

don't wear tight pants?:D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
you can have the dealer disable this. or i think there was an update so that you have to push the button twice now and hold it. at least thats how mine is.

THIS ^^^^^^ Go to the dealer for update. There is a TSB on it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i have had the same problem.. and it rained .. my car was soaked !!.. i went to the dealer and they said its out of warranty.. they wouldnt do the TSB..

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Well, not for "free" as it is out of warranty, unless your dealer "likes" you.....

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Page 1 of 4

CONSUMER NOTICE
: The information and instructions in this bulletin are intended for use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper tools/
equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers.” Customers
should not assume this bulletin applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop the described concern. To determine if the information applies,
customers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership. Mazda North American Operations reserves the right to alter the specifications and
contents of this bulletin without obligation or advance notice. All rights reserved. No part of this bulletin may be reproduced in any form or by any means,
electronic or mechanical---including photocopying and recording and the use of any kind of information storage and retrieval system ---without permission in
writing.
© 2006 Mazda Motor of America, Inc.
Subject:
WINDOWS OPEN UNINTENTIONALLY
Bulletin No:

09-048/06
Last Issued:

11/16/2006
Service Bulletin

Mazda North American Operations

Irvine, CA 92618-2922
2006 MAZDA6, MAZDASPEED6, AND 2007 CX-7 - WINDOWS OPEN UNINTENTIONALLY
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2006 Mazda6 vehicles produced before Oct. 10, 2006
2006 Mazdaspeed6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1GG****6*108468 (produced before September 1, 2006)
2007 CX-7 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3ER****70146122 (produced before October 12, 2006)
DESCRIPTION
When returning to their vehicle after locking it with all the windows closed, the customer finds that all the windows
(Mazdaspeed6) or both front windows (Mazda6 and CX-7) are fully open. This can occur when the
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter is mishandled by the user.
The following improvements have been implemented to reduce the chance of unintentionally opening the windows.
• Changed the specification of Global Opening/Closing (GOC) to a “double-push” type transmitter button function.
The RKE transmitter now works when the UNLOCK button is pushed twice and held until the windows
open.
• Discontinued full-auto opening mode when using GOC. Windows will now stop opening as soon as the
UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter is released.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
Old RKE Transmitter Operation New RKE Transmitter Operation
Press UNLOCK button ONCE and hold until
windows open.
Press UNLOCK button TWICE and hold until
windows open.
Full-auto open mode. Windows open
completely even if UNLOCK button is released.
Windows stop opening as soon as UNLOCK
button is released.
Bulletin No:

09-048/06
Last Issued:

11/16/2006
Page 2 of 4
REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Verify customer concern.
2. Replace Body Control Module (BCM) according to Mazda6 Workshop Manual (section 09-40 BODY CONTROL
MODULE (BCM) REMOVAL/INSTALLATION) or CX-7 Workshop Manual (section 09-40 BODY CONTROL
MODULE (BCM) REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
3. Verify repair.
4. After battery is reconnected, complete the “Power Window Initialization Procedure” to ensure windows “auto
up/down” feature functions properly.
NOTE:

Please inform the customer the RKE transmitter will now work when the UNLOCK button is pushed
TWICE and held until the windows open.
POWER WINDOW INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
1. Turn ignition to ON position.
2. From driver’s seat ensure window lockout switch is NOT depressed.
3. Press window switch down to fully open door window.
POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH
1601a
ENSURE WINDOW LOCKOUT
SWITCH IS NOT DEPRESSED
Bulletin No:

09-048/06
Last Issued:

11/16/2006
Page 3 of 4
4. Pull window switch up to fully close door window; hold switch up for two (2) seconds; release switch.
5. Move to front passenger seat and repeat Steps 3 - 4 on passenger window switch.

Mazdaspeed6 Only: Move to rear seat and repeat Steps 3 - 4 at left and right rear seat window switches.
7. Verify proper window operation using each door switch.
PART(S) INFORMATION
Model Part Number Description Qty. Notes
Mazda6 GP7A-67-560D Body Control Module (BCM) 1 w/ anti-theft system
Mazda6 GP7B-67-560D Body Control Module (BCM) 1 w/o anti-theft system
Mazdaspeed6 GP9B-67-560A Body Control Module (BCM) 1 w/ advanced keyless
Mazdaspeed6 GP9A-67-560A Body Control Module (BCM) 1 w/o advanced keyless
CX-7 EG24-67-560C Body Control Module (BCM) 1 w/ anti-theft system
CX-7 EG23-67-560C Body Control Module (BCM) 1 w/o anti-theft system
1601b
OPEN WINDOW FULLY, CLOSE WINDOW
FULLY HOLDING SWITCH UP FOR
TWO(2) SECONDS, RELEASE SWITCH
Bulletin No:

09-048/06
Last Issued:

11/16/2006
Page 4 of 4
WARRANTY INFORMATION
NOTE:
• This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty
repair. Refer to the Warranty Wizard for warranty term information.
• Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
Warranty Type A
Symptom Code 64
Damage Code 9W
Part Number Main Cause SEE PART(S) INFORMATION
Quantity 1
Operation Number / Labor Hours: XXB422RX / 0.3 Hrs. (Mazda6 or Mazdaspeed6)

XXB456RX / 0.4 Hrs. (CX-7)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess ill just have to try those procedures... however mine does the 2 click and hold for the window to open, so does this mean I have the tsb done?...

·
Registered
80 Posts
When the windows start to go down and you let go of the button do they stop or do they go all the way down?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
When the windows start to go down and you let go of the button do they stop or do they go all the way down?
depends on GT/Sport models.

my sport stops whenever you let go of the button.

I have to unlock once, then press and hold unlock again successfully within a second or two for it to roll down. Even then, it "thinks" for a second before doing it.

I've never-ever had a problem with it. I've actually only had a problem with the auto-window roll-up, HAVE to make sure it does that second click UP, otherwise it doesnt do it. Accidentally left my rear right window down all night long once. got a bunch of spiders in my car, nothing stolen though. Car is tinted so dark that at night you cant even tell if its open or closed, lol!

·
Registered
80 Posts
depends on GT/Sport models.
I could be wrong but it seems to me it's not sport/GT rather TSB/no TS. With the TSB done the windows stop when you let go of the button, with out the TSB they go all the way down once they start (unless you press the button again to stop them)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I could be wrong but it seems to me it's not sport/GT rather TSB/no TS. With the TSB done the windows stop when you let go of the button, with out the TSB they go all the way down once they start (unless you press the button again to stop them)
different keys, different functions as far as I know.

I have a standard looking key fobby thing, GT people have those credit card keys. I believe they can also remotely roll up their windows.

lucky bastards :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
different keys, different functions as far as I know.

I have a standard looking key fobby thing, GT people have those credit card keys. I believe they can also remotely roll up their windows.

lucky bastards :(
Haha not so lucky. We definitly cannot remotely roll them up. That would be nice though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yah, only remote down. Never done it accidentally though, I have to really try to get it to work.

Reactions: FORZDA 1

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
it would be cool to roll up the windows with the fob, you can do it with the door lock

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I guess ill just have to try those procedures... however mine does the 2 click and hold for the window to open, so does this mean I have the tsb done?...
Hmmm? Sounds like "yes".... I'm not aware of a difference in the "release button to stop windows", but my `07 works that way.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts