Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to disable this feature? The salesman thought it was so cool to show me how you coul dhave the front windows go down automatically just by holding in the unlock button twice with the remote entry pad. However, I hate this feature. The damn thing went off last night and it rained all night.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Is there any way to disable this feature? The salesman thought it was so cool to show me how you coul dhave the front windows go down automatically just by holding in the unlock button twice with the remote entry pad. However, I hate this feature. The damn thing went off last night and it rained all night.
[/b]

Don't hold it down. :p

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I'm assuming this is on the newer 6's or MS6?

I would LOVE to have that feature. Especially since summer is right around the corner.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2006 6i. I bought it about 2 weeks ago. I don't understand why the summer season would have anythign to do with this feature? When I roll my windows down to keep fresh air in the car, I only let them down about an inch or two. Not all the way down. It's a really stupid gimmick feature that I'm sure the salesmen love to show off, but it really just adds to complexity of the vehicle. More crap to break.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I don't understand why the summer season would have anythign to do with this feature?
[/b]
Because, it's nice to not go into an oven in the summer. With this, as you walk close to your car or if you're in the house, at least you can auto down your window before you get in and leave.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because, it's nice to not go into an oven in the summer. With this, as you walk close to your car or if you're in the house, at least you can auto down your window before you get in and leave.
[/b]
Generally, I think most people leave their windows down when they park the car. Also, which do you think will air out the car quicker..... letting down the front windows 5 seconds before you get in, or opening the ENTIRE door? What I like to do is just leave the vent dial on the upper vents. That tends to let the car breathe also. Unless Mazda defeated that by forcing the car into re-circulation mode everytime you shut it off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think it is on the 05's and up
[/b]
I think its 06's and ms6, because i have an 05 and don't think mine has that feature, but im going to go try it when i leave work.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Generally, I think most people leave their windows down when they park the car. Also, which do you think will air out the car quicker..... letting down the front windows 5 seconds before you get in, or opening the ENTIRE door? What I like to do is just leave the vent dial on the upper vents. That tends to let the car breathe also. Unless Mazda defeated that by forcing the car into re-circulation mode everytime you shut it off.
[/b]
You normally have your windows down at all time when you go a) to the mall? b) to a ball game? c) at work? d) from it sounds like to me, just about any time?

Me, I normally see a lot of people's windows up even if it's 100F outside, not the other way around. Ever see a lot full of cars at the mall with the windows down? I've never.

Walking towards your car and allowing the interior to breath some cooler outside air, even for 10 seconds is well worth it. Especially if you got a black car with black interior leathers! That's just my personal feelings. To each his own.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
[/b]
I'm assuming you must live in "The little House on the Prairie". What year did you just come back from? I like this feature since generally speaking, I'm by myself alot and don't want to open all the doors to vent out temps that can reach 130 degrees in less than 30 minutes on a hot summer day. To have the ability to lower both front windows as I approach allows that oven to cross-ventalate quickly. I wish we all lived in areas that we could leave our windows down all the time but it's time to wake-up and face reality, those times are long gone, if you still want your car when you return from work, shopping, ball game, even church. You must secure what you want to keep.

Good luck to you and I hope you figure out that if you don't hold the button down, you won't have to be bothered by such a cooling feature. Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea for serious, lexus and bmw and all the higher class car makers carry that feat, mazda's catching up w/ them and im proud of that. Also going back to that parking w/ the windows down....WOW. Either you have huge balls, or you have nothing in your car worth stealing. Or you have really benign friends who wouldnt see your car either at work or school and decide to prank it. Just my thoughts from this issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who ever said I parked my car with the windows down? Maybe cracked, but as far as I'm concerned, they can take that entire switch off the car. Glue the windows up to the weatherstripping. I NEVER put my windows down, ever. And yes, this car is black with black interior.

So tell me, what good was it to come into the electrical forum and ask a question related to electrical, when all I got back was fanboy responses. Maybe I should read the thread again, but I don't think I read one useful response.

Don't hold the button down?!?!?! Genious!!!! Now if I can just get the car to stop doing it, I'll be all set.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why didnt i know my 6 i can do that. My sales person never told me of anything like that. So how do you get that to work assuming i have that feature?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Who ever said I parked my car with the windows down? Maybe cracked, but as far as I'm concerned, they can take that entire switch off the car. Glue the windows up to the weatherstripping. I NEVER put my windows down, ever. And yes, this car is black with black interior.

So tell me, what good was it to come into the electrical forum and ask a question related to electrical, when all I got back was fanboy responses. Maybe I should read the thread again, but I don't think I read one useful response.

Don't hold the button down?!?!?! Genious!!!! Now if I can just get the car to stop doing it, I'll be all set.
[/b]
ok seriously, just dont hold down the button for an exessive duration of time, my lexus rx300 has the same feature and i've never triggered it off accidently, always purposefully and intentionally. then again you might be one of those elder people who press either on dial tone phone buttons or remote entry controllers for too long a time, it happens, the nerves get slower to respond to the impluse of "let go."

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why didnt i know my 6 i can do that. My sales person never told me of anything like that. So how do you get that to work assuming i have that feature?
[/b]
If you press the unlock button twice an dhold it in on the second press, both front windows will roll all the way down. Big waste of engineering time in my opinion. I'd much rather have my power steering assist fade off with speed than that. Anyone else notice on a slightly windy day on the freeway you can't keep th ecar straight cause the steering is so "loose"? Generally power steering fade comes on more expensive cars, but if Mazda wants to pretend the 6 is a luxury car with some stupid feature involving front windows, why can't they go all the way?

I just read through this entire thread again just for the hell of it, and I have to say........ getting help in here is like talking to an impatient 90 year old man with alzheimers. I ask..... "Why is the sky blue?" and he responds with "Trees are green because of chlorophyll. Why would you want to turn them blue?"

ok seriously, just dont hold down the button for an exessive duration of time, my lexus rx300 has the same feature and i've never triggered it off accidently, always purposefully and intentionally. then again you might be one of those elder people who press either on dial tone phone buttons or remote entry controllers for too long a time, it happens, the nerves get slower to respond to the impluse of "let go."
[/b]
When did I ever say that I triggered it? I said the damn car did it on it's own. The keys were put away on the key rack all night, and when I woke up, the windows were down and the car was soaked.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You can disable the function by doing the following:

DON'T HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN!

I agree with you about not getting a straight answer sometimes.

Just think of all the free advice you're getting though. :laugh:

The wifes IS300 has a similar feature, plus the moonroof opens.
In the heat of the Texas summer, we never use the feature. Know why?

We forget it's there!

John :cool:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
If you press the unlock button twice an dhold it in on the second press, both front windows will roll all the way down. Big waste of engineering time in my opinion. I'd much rather have my power steering assist fade off with speed than that. Anyone else notice on a slightly windy day on the freeway you can't keep th ecar straight cause the steering is so "loose"? Generally power steering fade comes on more expensive cars, but if Mazda wants to pretend the 6 is a luxury car with some stupid feature involving front windows, why can't they go all the way?

I just read through this entire thread again just for the hell of it, and I have to say........ getting help in here is like talking to an impatient 90 year old man with alzheimers. I ask..... "Why is the sky blue?" and he responds with "Trees are green because of chlorophyll. Why would you want to turn them blue?"
When did I ever say that I triggered it? I said the damn car did it on it's own. The keys were put away on the key rack all night, and when I woke up, the windows were down and the car was soaked.
[/b]
When did you ever said the the car did it on it's own? Re-read what you wrote. You complained about when pushing the unlock button twice the front windows goes down automatically. Then you said "The damn thing went off last night and it rained all night". It seems like everyone interpreted that YOU pressed the button twice and "the damn thing went off last night...".

Since it went down on it's own as you have claimed, then that's most likely a malfunction of the logical unit that controls the windows up/down function.

If you really want it fix, take it to the dealer and see what type of solution they can offer and stop whining how you're not getting the answers you want. It's most likely no one knows and yet you press on for answers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah so i tried it last night when i got home, and it worked! Thats is a awsome feature, as u can tell I am easily ammused,lol. Thank you guy/girls for bringing that to my attention, i would have never know that i had that. I had one more question, can u only make them go down or can u make them go back up with the keyless remote? I have only been able to make them go back up by doing it from inside the car? Just wondering?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
26 Participants
BugzeeM6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing