Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just purchased an 04 Mazda 6 with a bad clock display. The plan is to purchase a radio kit and install an after market radio. Something with Bluetooth, hands free and such. Since the display wouldn't be needed with the new radio can we just unplug it? Just want to make sure is wouldn't have an advers affect on another system.
Thanks for any feedback
Jim

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
most every radio install kit sold makes the screen go dead anyways. Only the expensive Metra kit actually keeps the screen functional. And no, There is no real advrse effect by losing the screen read out.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yes, You do. But they also have what the buttons do printed on the knobs themselves. So its not like you truly NEED the screen. Personally it would drive me insane losing it after having it for so long.

Some of us haven't had it for years due to the issue with failing displays in our earlier models! lol

Never did fix that before the engine died. :(

Scott

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Your 6 is a year older then mine, and uses the exact same display. When mine had a few pixels die back in 2007, i replaced the screen. Actually sourced the replacement even way back then from a member on here. :)

The original was replaced in 2008 under warranty (had the extended warranty) but then the replacement also died after about the same 4-5 years.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts