Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New owner of a 2012 Mazda 6 – love it!

Problem is the alarm randomly goes off. Ive done some research and seen a few fixes. The thing is I don’t care about the alarm – so how do I turn it off permanently?

Also. I changed the battery in the key fob today. Yesterday morning at 2am I was going to work and the fob wouldn’t unlock the door, so I used the key and guess what…… the alarm went off. I live in populated area! So, I changed the fob battery.

I normally leave the car unlocked because of the alarm issue, at home and work its fine but after new battery. The car automatically locks after 30 seconds, even if I hit the unlock button after this – it still locks – meaning the alarm will go off randomly!

I don’t need the hassle of trying to fix the alarm – soldering wires in fuse box or replacing door actuators etc - I just don’t need the alarm!

Can I just pull a fuse or something?

Thanks in advance 😊

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
287 Posts
Is the alarm a factory or aftermarket item?

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
287 Posts
There is an inherent alarm problem with our 2G cars that nobody has been able to truly isolate. My car does it intermittently, sometimes once per day, but more often than not, it happens once per month or so. I've given up on trying to fix it, to be honest. But yours seems to be very bad. The most common suggestion is that a door actuator (or two, or three, or four...or five) is bad. I don't know of any way to disable it, to be honest. I'll continue to research this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts