Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to disable the AFS?? I installed some aftermarket GT style headlights and it's triggering the AFS light (blinking). I know theres a button to turn it off but it doesn't work I'm assuming since I removed the original headlight the system thinks theres a malfunction with the AFS.

AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System)

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Does anybody know how to disable the AFS?? I installed some aftermarket GT style headlights and it's triggering the AFS light (blinking). I know theres a button to turn it off but it doesn't work I'm assuming since I removed the original headlight the system thinks theres a malfunction with the AFS.

AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System)
The system is doing exactly what it's supposed to - I am unaware of a way to disable this. Check your owner's manual or fiddle with the in-car settings to see if you can find anything, but I doubt they'd allow you to turn a warning off.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
There must be a regulated change in the LED driver of the aftermarket vs OEM that is tripping the computer. Not sure you can find a way to disable it. Only method I can conceive is flashing the computer so that the parameters match the driver of the aftermarket, but I'm not even sure that's possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You swapped OEM GT headlights with some aftermarket ones? But why!
I don't like the DRL on the 14-15 GT oem headlights I prefer the 16-17 GT DRL
OEM

Aftermarket

I thought there would be an easier way to turn off or disable the AFS like in the toyo/lexus u just pull a fuse and it's done in a second.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought there would be an easier way to turn off or disable the AFS like in the toyo/lexus u just pull a fuse and it's done in a second.
Have you tried unplugging the AFS unit by the cabin fuse block? The FSM says the AFS module sends a signal to the instrument cluster to trigger the AFS light, so it might not trigger if it's unplugged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
fivil
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing