Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the dimensions of the highbeam housing.

I need diameter of the relfection cup,

and height, and length of the headlight housing

if someone should open up their headlamps in the future.

OR if someonw has access to a shop manual. It would be ExTREMELY helpful information.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I am looking for the dimensions of the highbeam housing.

I need diameter of the relfection cup,

and height, and length of the headlight housing

if someone should open up their headlamps in the future.

OR if someonw has access to a shop manual. It would be ExTREMELY helpful information.
[/b]
dimensions for the highbeam??? u installing a bixenon proj in your high beam? why?? or are you thinking of getting 2 projs? i dont get what you want, but i have the dimension for my prev angel eyes :( proj,

i used nirosh's (straighgoodz) DDE raptor to trace it to paper... so i took the dimension according to the thickness of the dde raptors (didnt really take account at the time i traced it, too tired), but i really cant make the true circle dimension, so i scanned it for you

lol, sorry for the shoe mark... i could only find this paper lying on the garage floor at that time...

edit: if you print it out, you should be able to calculate the actual size using the dimension i put there... and remember to take into account the thickness of the dde raptor kit, IIRC i traced using the inner circle of the dde

edit2: Damn it Chris, now it's in my head wondering what are you planning to do with your hi-beam and the bixenon subtitle... are you talking about putting another proj into your headlight or getting a bi-xenon proj?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want TL bixenons for the high beams. The only place they might fit is the high beam...and that's all I'm saying. The rest time will tell tim ;D. Let's put it this way....I found more of that star you've been looking for.

If you get ambitious and pull apart your high beams that would be gold. Then I can fill you in on more details. The university has the dimensions for the TL bi-xenon. Should you measure and it fits...i'm happy as a penguin in cool water.....

I may end up pulling it apart later on anyways. The car's in storage...so I'm not causing myself any down time

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I want TL bixenons for the high beams. The only place they might fit is the high beam...and that's all I'm saying. The rest time will tell tim ;D. Let's put it this way....I found more of that star you've been looking for.

If you get ambitious and pull apart your high beams that would be gold. Then I can fill you in on more details. The university has the dimensions for the TL bi-xenon. Should you measure and it fits...i'm happy as a penguin in cool water.....

I may end up pulling it apart later on anyways. The car's in storage...so I'm not causing myself any down time
[/b]
any reason why u opt for TL instead of the E55? so basically, you want to have another light beside the low beam? so u'll be driving with 4 lights? or you wanna change your low beam into the new position using the bixenon? hmm i c... well since you are not driving ur 6 for the winter, why dont you enlighten us?? LOL

that require true retrofit then... are you going to fiberglass it after you mount it? that seriously take massive work rather than just filing off some of the edges from our low beam just like Justin6s did

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Tim... its quite simple. The TL projector is far superior to the E55.

I'd be doing the same retro myself if I could find the money for an extra set of ballasts, bulbs and projectors.

Besides, it seems Chris isn't shy of doing some real retro work, so kudos to him for wanting to do something out of the ordinary.

Its only a matter of time before people start looking beyond the simple plug-and-play E46 conversion...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Tim... its quite simple. The TL projector is far superior to the E55.

I'd be doing the same retro myself if I could find the money for an extra set of ballasts, bulbs and projectors.

Besides, it seems Chris isn't shy of doing some real retro work, so kudos to him for wanting to do something out of the ordinary.

Its only a matter of time before people start looking beyond the simple plug-and-play E46 conversion...
[/b]
i know TL's proj are nice, but i seriously like the way things are, Justin6s has done his e55 bixenon and it required him to do a very slight mod to his bezel, which is acceptable, but i m not sure whether the TL can fit in our low beam without big mod to the bezel, haha.. and i really dont research into projectors anymore... i've gotten busy with assts..., beside someone has already tested it, why risk when u know for sure it fits? lol... 2nd note, i like the __/__/ output instead of TL's --'--'

or you can ask robinlb, i believe he put a TL in his 6? i dont know, my brain is dead slow nowadays...

edit: nvm, he put fx proj....

yeah bosch proj are not that good compared to other proj huh? they are just simply the simplest and compact proj if people want to retro.... but i m done with my low beam as of now... money wise and time wise... :)

I drive with 4 lights on already. i use my fogs. So now I can eliminate my fogs and really use them for fogs with 3000K bulbs.
[/b]
woahh... so u mean u r going to get hid kit in ur fogs + bixenon in high beam? how about ur low beam? u gonna fit in another HID proj in it as well?? go for the s2k proj man, it's not that huge of a diameter, but i think the length wise as well... i dont know, why dont u research and tell us all the info you found? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.