Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a pioneer AVIC N2 navigation installed in my 2004 mazda 6. Upon pick up, I noticed that where it used to say what mode it was in, now it says "My mazda 6". I want to change the text. Attached is a picture about what I am talking about. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
I recently got a pioneer AVIC N2 navigation installed in my 2004 mazda 6. Upon pick up, I noticed that where it used to say what mode it was in, now it says "My mazda 6". I want to change the text. Attached is a picture about what I am talking about. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
[/b]
Instructions for changing the said text can be found in the Metra dashkit manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instructions for changing the said text can be found in the Metra dashkit manual.
[/b]
Lets say someone did not know where to find a Metra dashkit manual, where would one tell him to find it? haha...

·
Registered
406 Posts
http://www.metraonline.com/_assets/manuals/INST99-7503.pdf

1. Press and hold the Clock button in the factory display until “Set Text” is displayed, then release the button. Settings will begin with the first character location. Use the Set button to select the desired character then press the AMB button to select the next character location. There are 10 available character locations.

2. Once the desired text is entered if you do not touch any buttons for 10 seconds the display will read “Saved Text” and your text will be saved.

3. To set the clock press and hold the Clock button until “Hr. Adjust” is displayed then use the Set button to select the desired hour.

4. Press the Clock button again and the display will read “Min. Adjust” then use the Set button to select the desired minutes.

Note: If equipped with a Dimmer button it will still function as normal.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
this HAS to be the most asked question on the board

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
... to overcome stupid design flaw.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there a way to get just this magic chip? I like the stock look, so i don't want to change the entire thing. I just want it to come up with the name of the song that's being played...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
IT'S ALIVE!! HWAHAHAHAHA!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
ATE BALLER
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing