Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember being in a car years back that had an OEM digital boost gauge. Is something like that available now-a-days? Since the instrument cluster/steering column really isnt the best place to plop a big old round gauge i was thinking that there might be a rectangular shaped digital gauge that mabe could be mounted along the top of the instrument cluster. That would more or less keep your cars vitals visable.

I dunno this could be a totally stupid thread but im really not diggin putting a gauge on my column and i dont want to use a vent or the Navigation Area.

If any of you know of something, let me know...but i suspect that this isnt something thats available.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
heres an LED bar gauge. although, digital boost gauges tend to be less accurate than sweeping gauges. sure it's more stealthy, but the whole point of a boost gauge is accurately measuring your boost.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres an LED bar gauge. although, digital boost gauges tend to be less accurate than sweeping gauges. sure it's more stealthy, but the whole point of a boost gauge is accurately measuring your boost.
[/b]

I agree- i want to "accurately" measure....theres gotta be something out there that does this..

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
856 Posts
Now were getting somewhere, i like that unit..... I read that you couldnt use a turbo-timer on our cars, is that true?
[/b]
You can use a turbo timer on our cars, chances are you will have to lock the doors with a key and live without the factory "alarm."

·
Registered
856 Posts
I know the mazdaspeed protege owners were able to cut a wire (keysense?) to the keyless module and it allowed the factory alarm to work and lock the doors.

I may try to disconnect the keysense wire when I finally do order my turbo timer. I'm afraid the advanced keyless system with the card is going to be quite a bitch about it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
oops, typo. when i said "here", i meant "there". but "here" is a link to a DIY one.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/diy_boost_gauge.htm

theres also ones that were integrated into the audi's clusters. its pretty slick.
[/b]
Thats pretty slick.

I saw one posted on a board somewhere, it was about an inch tall by 2 inches wide and it was red digital leds. I can't find it now. I think it would fit perfect between the spedo and tach on the bottom of the cluster.
I'm still waiting on my Amber Defi! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Grand Prix GTPs use (or used to, my old one was a 1999) a digital bar gauge. It didn't give you any kind of info, such as PSI, just when the boost was there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used this one before I installed my Nexus gauge. I had it velcro'd to the dash cluster, the sensor installs in the engine bay so only 1 wire needs to be fed through the firewall. It was very accurate.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I used this one before I installed my Nexus gauge. I had it velcro'd to the dash cluster, the sensor installs in the engine bay so only 1 wire needs to be fed through the firewall. It was very accurate.
[/b]
Ah, yes, that is the one I had in mind!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/b]

so why did you go with the Nexus??

·
Registered
489 Posts
While it's the perfect "little" gauge I wanted a real one. It's for someone who doesn't want a full size gauge of which I wanted at that time.
[/b]
Do you still have the other one? If it's still functional and in good shape, are you willing to sell it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
15 Participants
prichard
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing