Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a snap ring plier in order to install the c-ring but still find it too difficult to do so. The C-ring is so tough, my plier may be is too short and my hand is so sore... And the head of the plier is 1mm, do you guys think it is too skinny.. the hole of the C-ring I reckon is around 2.5mm, do I have to get the correct size of plier or is there any other trick to install the C-ring?

Appreciate any tips.... Thanks.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I had a friend come over and help me install mine. Took 2 of us to fight that damn C-ring.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I bought a snap ring plier in order to install the c-ring but still find it too difficult to do so. The C-ring is so tough, my plier may be is too short and my hand is so sore... And the head of the plier is 1mm, do you guys think it is too skinny.. the hole of the C-ring I reckon is around 2.5mm, do I have to get the correct size of plier or is there any other trick to install the C-ring?

Appreciate any tips.... Thanks.
[/b]
I went through a couple of C-ring pliers - I was cheap and bought the cheapest one and bent one and the other was useless. Once I finally bought a hefty c-ring pliers, it made the install fairly easy..oh and a helping hand makes it easier also.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
HI BC. Seems like this C-ring is PITA. Do you need a hand sometimes this weekend mate? I have some C-ring plier lying around in my tool box but not sure if it is up to the task though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI BC. Seems like this C-ring is PITA. Do you need a hand sometimes this weekend mate? I have some C-ring plier lying around in my tool box but not sure if it is up to the task though.
[/b]
Thanks so much!! If I can't get it done by this Sat, may I ask for your help this Sunday?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
M6Gr8
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing