Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the blue, my car is having a hard time starting. I thought maybe I left something on by accident but I checked everything and the problem isn't going away. It seems like the battery is too weak to get it cranking. Happens every morning, lunch time and leaving work. If the car has been sitting for about 2 or more hours, it has a hard time starting.

To describe it best, it would try to crank but then nothing happens, like the battery has very low power. Then after a second, sometimes third try, it would finally start. I'm hoping it's just the battery but why would the battery just crap out like that out of the blue. Or could this be some other problem? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yeah it can be the battery as Sigma said, exactly what I was thinking.

I have remote start and my car failed to start just yesterday. I know it isn't my battery, but I hope it doens't happen again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I actually JUST went through this like 2 days ago. When i first looked at the battery it was corroded, so i cleaned it and said that was it. But then it did it again. Sure enough I took it into autozone and ther ewas a bad cell. Battery is covered by the warranty, however, it is prorated due to use. So.. your decision. I would just get a new one like i did. Works fine now. Oh, and jsut so you know, It uses a 40R type battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ninjaxx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing