Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Iggied...you are annoying me....if you don't have anything good to say...dont say it at all please.

I'm not interested at all but I have some respects to those people wearing that. Especially in the summer. :hoho:
[/b]

Balhar....thank you. This also has been a long time question of mine..whcih has been answered quite well I might add.

Do different turbin colours define different meanings in the Sikh religion?

When your grandfathers came that afternoon, IIRC, they each had different coloured cloth...any significance?

There are also 7 (or 12) significant figures....is each one associated with something, or are they models to follow?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in my religion/culture, colour means nothing other than fashion and personal preference.

what significant figures are you talking about?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My great grandfather probably wore one... actually I know he must have, and he wasn't Sikh. Some older men in my community still wear them on occasion. However, the style they wear isn't really depicted among the one's show above. It visibly incorporates a small hat in the midsts of the cloth that's wound around. I'm sure most turbans have a small hat somewhere in the middle, but the hat seems to be completely hidden. In the style I'm referring to, the cap is left visible on purpose. I may have a pic somewhere.

The turban is more of a necessity in countries where there's a lot of sand/dust in the air. It protects the hair, face and eyes. So, people all the way from Palestine to India can potentially wear one.

The style of turban you see most often, is the one worn by Sikh people. It seems that this particular style was popularized by members of the Sikh faith and IMO is the most "stately" and "royal" looking one.

What's really nice is the RCMP version that some of the officers out here wear. Really looks good, IMO.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL...nothing wrong to talk shit right? But that's why I'm here!
Did I piss you off btw?
[/b]

you know i was gonna say the same thing chris said but i was at work and got called away from my desk...

if you have nothing interesting or intelligent to say, dont say anything. you are one of those people who will post for the sake of posting... then in real life you dont say more than 2 words to anyone

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
what significant figures are you talking about?
[/b]
Picture in your house if you will. There are several pictures of what appears to be significant people from the past.

Who are they, and what is their significance?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts