Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all clutch and flywheel...
Yesterday in morning began installation of Fidanza aluminium flywheel and Clutch Masters Stage 3
It fit without problems with one but...
Everything put together is too thin so throw-out bearring is 12mm off clutch...
So clutch was engaged all time, even the pedal was put to floor...
Was solved with custom throw out system. Few custom parts was manufactured.
So I now have 35-40mm of working area in clutch pedal with 50mm pedal movement. So now its far lower than brake pedal and I like it...

CPE MAFci
First of all - my car don't have #3 CPU connector :) Found needed wire at #2 connector. (its cool to be mazda dealer)
Second - fuel map is wrong for euro car witch run high octane...
In some parts car run too rich... and in other tooo lean... Car was undrivable.
So it was solved with few hours of driving with MAF customizer software and Mazda scanner launched with 2 laptops and 2 mechanics sitting at the beck seat to build acceptable map.
I will use Autoenguinity software to calculate dynamometric numbers to build a best fuel map and will put at forum, for people who need this.
All other goes without problem.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyway I have cel.
But only in 500-1500 rpm range...
Will solve it soon :)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm very interetested to see where youre going with this car..

I can't imagine driving a car with a clutch so low. It'd either be an on or off thing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually clutch working great...
I used to it after a weekend driving :) When going stright its verry good :) No need to work whole pedal, just few cm. With short shifter it gives nice results.

BTW MAFci sound is great, even say amazing... Will record at this weekend. One thing noticed... CAI tube gets hot. Does working out with some kind of termo tape will help ? (show off is unimportant to me, so I don't care how it looks)

Also can say that this winter I gonna run with Odyssey 680 :)
Will look how it can handle at low temp like -30 C

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still getting CELs :)
4000-7000RPM is working great...
Most problems between 1500 and 2500
Car is raceable, but driving at city at low rpm is a PITA.

Also I'm interested is anyone tryed to use rew limiting option as said at CPE instruction by putting -81 to needed cells ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Continiue building map for low RPM. It goes completely different from that witch CPE put to it.
Also had first rally after modding. Get some problem appeared, gotta seal that holes in fender near CAI filter... Filter get full of dirt and car stalled at 15cm of mud... It took almost a hour to take it off...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
....i don't think i would ever imagine taking my car anywhere where there's mud. props to you for that one i guess. hopefully you get things dialed in well, tuning should make for some fun differences.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost finished 0-40% TPS and 0-3000 RPM square at map.
Almost no CEL. Car now is city drivable at that range.
I think I gotta get standalone ECU as fast as possible to learn how to tune it right before I'll get engine.

I suspect that we have different cams, and different ecu firmwares. Also I have shorter gears.

I also curently working on scan tool to make it show real dyno numbers. (last time it showed something near 350, lol)
Because nearest dyno is almost 600km from here...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So. Will set all in one point:
Euro 6i have cable throttle body.
Euro 6i save S-VT (USA have VVT)
Euro 6i have shorter gears.
Euro 6i have different clutch-flywheel.
Euro 6i have biger compression number.
Euro 6i have 166hp.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't find anywhere detailed information about Mazda's SVT to see if this is exacly the same, but here 2.0 have VVT and 2.3 have S-VT, so it not exactly the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts