Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a cluster off ebay and it has red numbers (faces are all black when the car's off) and has a dimmer built into it. My 04 came with a cluster with white numbers that lit red only at night. Anyone else every see this? Heres the new and the old clusters:

New one :
[attachmentid=15389]

Old one:
[attachmentid=15390]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Yep, electroluminescent gauges. Standard on the higher-end models. Should plug right in place of yours (assuming yours is also an ATX).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, electroluminescent gauges. Standard on the higher-end models. Should plug right in place of yours (assuming yours is also an ATX).
[/b]
Very cool. My car had a ton of options so i'm suprised it didn't already have it. I installed it today and it works perfectly! thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
cool...didn't know they came with white numbers

why did you need a new cluster?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Electroluminscent gauges came as part of the Sports Package at one point in time. Not sure how they fit into things now, but most of the 'loaded' models have them.

Both clusters are ATX models, so it will plug right in.

The only problem is that your odometer reading will be off. This will throw all sorts of red flags with CarFax reports, destroying your resale value, unless the mileage is very similar on both clusters. Rumor has it that the dealer can alter the mileage on the odometer but I can't recall anyone getting it successfully done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got quotes for between 150-200 for resetting the odometer on a cluster I bought a while back.
[/b]
I installed blue led's in myold one and had one of the leds backwards and shorted the cluster. :swearin: the dealer said if i got a new cluster they could take care of it for me. At very worst they usually put a sticker on the door that says the car has modified mileage and records the old mileage... at least thats what happened with my parents car.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
back when I worked for a dealer they had to order the clusters in with the miles already set, but that was a different car brand. So no idea about our cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts