Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Is there any site where i could find the complete documented changes between 2005 and 2006 mazda6 models. or is there anyone in the site who could tell me. i have seen some changes in the front bumpers and the faux titanium finish console. i know its already 2007 ...so wouldnt mind knowing if there were any updates to 07 compared to 06.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi all,
Is there any site where i could find the complete documented changes between 2005 and 2006 mazda6 models. or is there anyone in the site who could tell me. i have seen some changes in the front bumpers and the faux titanium finish console. i know its already 2007 ...so wouldnt mind knowing if there were any updates to 07 compared to 06.
[/b]

Try this out:
"http://www.automotive.com/2004/12/mazda/mazda6/compare/index.html?vehicle%5b1].year=2005&vehicle[1].make=Mazda&vehicle[1].model=MAZDA6&vehicle[1].trim=723;6;4;14&vehicle[2].year=2006&vehicle[2].make=Mazda&vehicle[2].model=MAZDA6&vehicle[2].trim=1208;6;4;14&strTrim1=1504"

You'll have to copy paste that URL into your browser.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,569 Posts
Differences are between the 05 and 06-07 mostly.

There are some different colors, but mostly the front and rear fascias as well as the dash was tweaked for 2006, taking away that (ugly) silver look from the radio and climate controls. The interior fabrics are also of a higher class, the key is a switchblade design now instead of separate remote/key like the older 6 models, and the remote now lowers the front windows if you hold down the 'unlock' button.

Really no powertrain differences between the years though, IIRC.

·
Registered
510 Posts
the 2005 6i had a 4spd 3rd party ATX. The 2006/7 6i has a 5spd Mazda built ATX.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Differences are between the 05 and 06-07 mostly.

There are some different colors, but mostly the front and rear fascias as well as the dash was tweaked for 2006, taking away that (ugly) silver look from the radio and climate controls. The interior fabrics are also of a higher class, the key is a switchblade design now instead of separate remote/key like the older 6 models, and the remote now lowers the front windows if you hold down the 'unlock' button.

Really no powertrain differences between the years though, IIRC.
[/b]
The interior door handles are now plastic. On older, 03-04 models, they are metal. Also, the newer ones feature standard, white gauges during daylight instead of the electroluminescent ones 24/7.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what bout a trip computer which gives the distance that can be convered with the fuel u got? is that feature present? and do the 5 speed automatic gears provide any advantage over the previous 4 speed auto?

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,569 Posts
The interior door handles are now plastic. On older, 03-04 models, they are metal. Also, the newer ones feature standard, white gauges during daylight instead of the electroluminescent ones 24/7.
[/b]
Electro gauges were never standard, only on the Sport package models. Now you have to get leather seats to get them (and only on GS and higher models). The EL gauges are one thing I'd LOVE to have if I could... :tear:

what bout a trip computer which gives the distance that can be convered with the fuel u got? is that feature present? and do the 5 speed automatic gears provide any advantage over the previous 4 speed auto?
[/b]
We don't have the trip computer in any US 6 unfortunately. No discernible difference in the automatics, and I've driven both.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Try this out:
"http://www.automotive.com/2004/12/mazda/mazda6/compare/index.html?vehicle%5b1].year=2005&vehicle[1].make=Mazda&vehicle[1].model=MAZDA6&vehicle[1].trim=723;6;4;14&vehicle[2].year=2006&vehicle[2].make=Mazda&vehicle[2].model=MAZDA6&vehicle[2].trim=1208;6;4;14&strTrim1=1504"

You'll have to copy paste that URL into your browser.

[/b]

maybe like this?

Mazda Models Comparison

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
the dash was tweaked for 2006, taking away that (ugly) silver look from the radio and climate controls.
[/b]
When I had my car in the shop for body work I got a 2006 6s loaner car. I thought the silver dash in my 2005 looked better than the black dash in the 2006 6i & s.

·
Registered
359 Posts
the leather warp steering wheel, the 03-05 have perforated leather the the 3oc 9oc hand grip position.
the 06+ is just regular leather.

the 06+ have better perforated leather material, on leather seat compare to the 03-05.

the exhaust piping for the 06+ on the V6 is different than the 03-05.

the electric window, my 06 have auto up AND down for both driver AND passenger side front window. the 03-05 loaner i drove only have auto up for driver window.

the 06+ do not have the cup holder cover.

06+ have OEM HID available on certain trim, but its not all that bright compare to BMW or Honda HID :(

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Also, the newer ones feature standard, white gauges during daylight instead of the electroluminescent ones 24/7.[/b]
Mine's an '06 and has the electroluminescent gauges full time, when you turn the car off the gauges turn all black.

We don't have the trip computer in any US 6 unfortunately. No discernible difference in the automatics, and I've driven both.[/b]
That's weird, the Canadian ones have two trip meters. As for the automatics, the 5 speed should get slightly better fuel economy.

the leather warp steering wheel, the 03-05 have perforated leather the the 3oc 9oc hand grip position.
the 06+ is just regular leather.[/b]
It's also different leather. The leather in the older ones will get all shiny in a month or so, I've been driving mine for over 6 months and the finish on that leather is as matte as the first day I got it.

I like the feel and especially the look of the revised seats in the 2006 quite a bit better.[/b]
The '06+ leather seems to be of much higher quality and not prone to getting shiny. The older ones will get all shiny very fast. The shape of the seat is much better too. The front seats in the '06+ are very very well done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with Awong. I have leather and mine is an 06, I only have 15k on it butr the leather looks the same as the day I bought it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts