Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the difference in the head unit, in the speakers, what?

My question is posed as I do plan on upgrading the system with speakers and amps, but want to retain the factory head unit. Would this be easier or more difficult (or no difference) with the Bose system? If the head units are the same then there should be no difference in difficulty.

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Diff between bose and non-bose?

I saw wiring diagrams. The bose has pre-outs that go to an amplifier. The stock system has speaker-outs in its place, and you'd need a line-out converter.

You need to decide- if you're going to replace all the speakers (Bose or not) anyway, is that worth $500 to you?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Also The Bose system includes a 6 disc in dash changer while the standard radio does not. As for myself, I did not notice a $600 difference between the sotkc and BOSE system. That $600 could easily get an even nicer sounding system than BOSE.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Singapore 2.0L M6's come with the non-Bose system but with a 6-disc in-dash changer. However, it does not have line-outs, so hi/lo converters have to be used for external amp installation.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If the Bose includes preouts then I'll go with Bose since it will be a while before I do the upgrade anyway. Any idea what the max voltage is on the preouts?

So, I take it the Bose upgrade also includes a preamplifier circuit behind the head unit that replaces an amplifier circuit on the non-Bose?

thanks,
-Alt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts