Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I figured it was about that time I hit enough mods to do one of these build threads.. So here goes nothing :D

Acquired my 2004 Glacier Silver V6 MT 6S in October of 2013 with 83K on it. I got it because I totaled my Black 2007 ATX 6i at 132k miles :'(

Here's a picture of the first day I saw her in my driveway:

And that same exact day I started transforming her into what she is today. So here's what I got so far:

Exterior
8000K HID Low Beams
194 White LED in Headlight
LED Daytime Running Lights (White, in low fog inserts)
Painted Calipers (Navy Blue)
Logo-less Grille
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust
Door Guard Delete
White LED License Plate Bulbs
Plasti-Dipped Stock Rims
Plasti-Dipped Mirror Covers
Plasti-Dipped Emblems
Plasti-Dipped Side Markers/Rear Reflectors
Plasti-Dipped Rear Bumper
JDM Window Visors
Stubby Antenna
De-badged Rear
Speed6 Tail Lights

Interior
All 194 Bulbs Swapped to White LED
SickSpeed Shift Knob
Metra Double-DIN Kit
Trunk Light Mod (2 White LED Strips)
JVC KW-V21BT Head Unit
LEDglow Footwell Lighting (Red)

Under The Hood
AEM Short Ram Intake
Painted Engine Cover W/ Evil M
Painted Fuse Box Cover
Painted Brake Fluid Cap
Painted Oil Cap with "6" Badge

Near Future
Sub Installed (12" sitting in my garage waiting to be put in)
Lowering Springs
35% tint all around

And this is what she looks like now:

Hope You All Like It!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Did I read that list right? Plastidipped taillights?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I read that list right? Plastidipped taillights?

Yeah... I really didn't feel like messing with nite shade in case I didn't like it, and didn't have money at the time to buy new tail lights cause I'm not a fan of the bright red housing.. They're not dipped heavy or anything they have a super thin coat on and the light shines through very bright still.. Been searching for speed6 tails to replace them with. Just been a pain to find for the right price

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JDM Window Visors came in on Friday, got them on right away before leaving for vacation. Pictures will be coming shortly. Love checking things off the "Things I want to do" list!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always great crossing something else off! Installed Led Underglow Interior lights to a red led toggle switch in the dummy slot in between traction control button and dimmer for dash lights

·
Registered
150 Posts
How well does that Sri works for you being exposed to the hot engine bay?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How well does that Sri works for you being exposed to the hot engine bay?

I like it, I mean I don't hear it much over the catback exhaust system but I like it. I went with SRI cause my CAI on my other 6 I had a little water trouble so I went with the safe route if it meant sacrificing a little extra heat

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a Short "mazda speed" carbon fiber antenna in that I ordered for dirt cheap. I mean clearly the mazda speed is painted on and I know it doesn't come on the stock speed6, but hey, it's way better than the stock one on our 6's!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had some down time today so i took out my Canon Rebel t3i and went to an industrial park to take some pictures of the whip. so picutres in original post are updated to all the mods i currently have done!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2 updates: Well the last oil cap cover looked like a kindergartner made it... So j had to redo it. I painted the cap black and painted the 6 badge the same metallic silver as the engine cover to match. Oh and just degreased/washed the whole bay so here's a shot of the updated bay and then I replaced my 6000k HID's with 8000K which are much brighter. I was hoping for a little more blue tint and I'm still not 100% satisfied but it looks okay for now

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where'd you get your grille? Good lookin' car man.

Thanks man and I got it on eBay. Just searched Mazda logo less grill and then you have a decent amount to pick from. I repainted it myself a glossier black than what it came but they have a bunch of different styles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts