Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Finaly I've got it My M6 Hatch Exclusie Plus Disel136cv.

I'm satisfied with the motor since its only 300Km (2 Days)

Can some one informe when sould I change Oil, it only indicates changes 20000Km.

Should I use Mazda Oil as sugested in the manual and by the dealer?

John:sarc

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Diesel

When your service manual says to change oil after 20.000 km you should change it then. Others might suggest you to change oil after 1000 km, but this is not demanded by Mazda. If you want to be on the safe side you can change it after 1000 km to get rid of engine wear from braking in the car. If you don't this will not void the warranty of your car.

As far as I know you shouldn't exceed the intervals excessively. Mazda Germany for example will tolerate up to 1000-2000 km more max.. I've heard from others that it might only be 500 km. So make sure to be within that range (21.000-22.000 km max.).

I suggest you to add your location to your profile so that others might be able to help you more precisely.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I've got my MZR-CD136 more than 1 month and 3000 km. ago.
I've already made my first free of charge 1000 km service visit and ... it was OK.
My only problem now is that the local importer of Mazda is trying to impose a 10k service interval due to conditions in the country. They are partially right but I don't think Mazda is on the same "level" with Renault or even with Ford (the dealer is also the local Ford official importer) in terms of reliability.
So I will try get it on 20k.

Diesel6 ... how is your experience so far with the Mazda diesel?

I really like it, but I could not compare it with anything else, as this is my first diesel.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Adim,

just in case you meant me, my experience is not that great...'cause....I don't have it yet. :D

I'm still waiting on it. It should arrive soon. As soon as it arrives I'll compare it to my brother's Audi A4 2.5 TDi. Right now I'm still driving a VW Golf TDi which is a lot noisier and less refined than the M6. I'll keep you updated as soon as I'll get it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Diesel'

:p

So ... I'm luckier!
I've already compared it with a Passat TDi 130 and it seems better. My friend who owned the Passat said also that he feel the car lighter than his car (even though both car are approximately the same 1400-1500 kg) .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Diesel'

Hello to European MAZDA6 Diesel drivers.
After 3 months I got my car too. It's a MZR CD 136 ELEGANCE (The french second finition level) It was the 1st of April but I found no fish in it, only a very attractive car.
The car as only 500 kms but the first word coming to my mind when I think about it is SMOOTH or SOFT. Everything is soft: motor, streering wheel, suspension aso...
Quality seems to be at the top, i'll give you more complete impressions after a while.
Good driving to all of you.

·
Registered
176 Posts

My only problem so far is consumption which is a little bit more than I expect. The announced 6.5l/100km I never get. I'm more on the +7 up to 8l/100km. And I'm talking about mix - 20-30% city and the rest highway driving. It's true that I tend to set the pilot on 130-150km/h and my style is a little bit aggresive ... but how else can you drive a Mazda6?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Even more aggressive? No, keep it safe. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts

My problem is that it seems that the fuel consumption went a little bit up after I've changed my wheels/tires. I went for some aftermarket 16" wheels (2/3 of the price of the Mazda 16" ones) and special Max Performance tires.
Could this cause higher consumption or ... is just the speed ;)???

G

·

I have the SW MZR-CD 136cv model since 9th january 2003 and with 10500km driven. Although warranty indicates 20000km for the 1st service, I have changed the motor oil at 10000km with Mazda dealer services,...

The Mazda Dealer put in my MAZDA6, MAZDA OIL (DEXELIA ULTRA)...
What did you think of this oil?

Motor Oil isn't the core business of MAZDA, so we must have the right, without loosing the warranty, to select the best oil in the market for our cars... There are companies that only work with lubrificants, like CASTROL, BP, SELENIA, whatever... why don't they accept this option?

This situation is similar in all countries or does it just happen in Portugal?

Thanks...

G

·

Hello European Mazd6 diesel owner!
I have a diesel 120cv estate and I am very satisfied with my car. I bought it in 23 February 2003. But I noticed two very annoying mistakes: the fuel tank very noisy and the boot blind rattle.
I asked my dealer to repair there but he claimed there are typical Mazda6 estate problems and he waits the solution from the official center of Mazda.
How is your experience so far with the Mazda diesel Estate?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes, I wanted to change my M6 Oil but the dealer contacted Mazda that told them not ot change before One (1) year or 20000Km even for the first change.

I'm thinking on doing it by my self, I shal use Mobil 1 ou BP 7000

My M6 has 4000Km

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.