Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help...

I changed the motor oil at 10.000km, but before make the change I asked at mechanical mazda expert what kind of oil it use and he answered: MAZDA OIL... strange...

I asked him if I could take my own oil, but he said me that this couldn't hapen because they (MAZDA Company) have a warranty compromise.

In a 2th phase, I searched in the web, MAZDA Oil references and I didn't find nothing... I just know, by billing descritpion that is DEXELIA ULTRA...

I need obtain all information about this oil.

Thanks
Nuno Pereira

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Diesel Model SW 136cv Motor Oil

I took this from the Mazda Australia website

"NON MAZDA SERVICING - If I get my Mazda serviced at my local garage, will this effect the new car warranty?
Firstly, we recommend Mazda dealer servicing, as our technicians are Mazda trained with the latest technical information to ensure optimum performance of your vehicle. Also of importance is that it is well recognised within the motor industry that vehicles with full franchise servicing, obtain improved resale values when the time comes to dispose of the vehicle.

As you are aware, Mazda New Vehicle Warranty is not conditional to having your vehicle serviced by a Mazda dealer. However, should you experience any difficulty with your vehicle during the warranty period and the cause is found to be a result of incorrect maintenance servicing, then Mazda will not be responsible for any damage that may occur.

Should you elect to use a non-Mazda service garage, the new vehicle warranty will not be void however, we recommend your selected repairer use genuine Mazda parts and that you maintain proper service records include receipts."

·
Registered
11 Posts

Dexelia.. i searched on internet too,and found only few russian pages... nothing else. But, as far as I know, it's made by TOTALFINAELF, or only TOTAL. There is a specification ACEA and API that that every oil has, so for Mazda6 CD required oil specification is API CF/ACEA B1 or B3, 5W-30. You can use every oil with this specification and I believe warranty should not be void. Next time I go on service, I'll buy 5 liters of TOTAL 5W-30, or MOBIL1 5W-30... hell, it's much more cheaper than dexelia...

with same or even greater quality..

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Can you bring your own oil to the service if it's compliant to the specifications?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Mazda only recommends Dexelia... They can't legaly force you to use it. They could only do so if oil would be provided for free.

at least I believe so... the thing is i don't want to pay 107kn for liter of dexelia, when I can get same oil, with same specification for 87kn(cca. 12E).

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Yeah, it's a shame when you know that you can get a can of 5L synthetic Castrol oil for 25 Euros (ca. 175 kn) at the supermarket.

·
Registered
176 Posts

What is your experience with the costs for the first revision (10k km or what?) for a Diesel MZ CD136?
I've asked at the local Mazda representative and they've told me to prepare for like close to 200 Euro, which seemed to me very high (compared to the previous <100 Euro/visit for a Renault).

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I haven't had my first inspection yet, but I know of someone who had his 20000 km inspection and he paid close to 200 Euros as well. I believe that's the price you have to take into consideration. Another one paid 320 Euros for his inspection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts