Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a diecast model of the Mazda 6/Atenza in the works by anyone? I think it'd be cool to have a model of the car I'll soon have in my driveway. :p

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: Diecast Model...

There's a 1:43 model by J-Collection of Japan.

It models the exact same yellow hatchback Mazda6 as the ad from Duratec Performance at the top of these forum pages.

I'm sure you cannot buy it from the US though. Gotta get it from Japan or possibly Europe.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Bummer. I wish AutoArt or Exoto would make a 1:18th scale one, that would rock...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Diecast Model...'

there is not one in the USA yet that is out there yet. I have tons of diecast. A company that makes DUB CITY DIECAST said thay many bring one out of the 6 and the IS and some other mid size cars if they feel the demand is there.Check out the DUB CITY at
EDiecast.com GOOD STUFF:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Greeeat, DUB is the only manufacturer that feels the need to make this car. That's really too bad, since DUB has a reputation for really crappy models...

·
Registered
12 Posts

It is the diecast model of Mazda6/ATENZA which can be got in Japan.

From the front row left to...

TOMICA limited edition
Mazda Motor original (not for sale)
TOMICA usual version (350 yen)

From the back row left to...

EPOCH M-Tech Silver body(Limited edition)
EPOCH M-Tech Red body(1000 yen)
EPOCH M-Tech Yellow body(1000 yen)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Very cool! Thanks Ueda. I quickly looked for a online retailer that sells the M-Tech lineup..but couldn't find one in English.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I wonder if Mazda will sell one directly a la BMW... that would rock.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The larger yellow one in the centre seems to have a VERY true paintjob! Shines in the exact same way as the real thing... Then if it is a Mazda original car it may have been painted with the very same color.

I say it agiain - I want a wagon :)

Cool cars by the way!

·
Registered
178 Posts

DUB does make crap, but think about this. How many models or diecast do you see of stock mid size cars that have no sales history. I am sure that by christmass you will see good models for the 6. It is not like you just can walk into your corner hobby store and get a Honda Element Diecast. I will tell you that DUB is rice for Rap THUGS!! But atleast they took a look at the 6. I can just see it now it would be black with 22 inch chrome wheels on it or it will look just like WhoDIDDYS ride which is sweet as Hell.:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Don't forget, the 6 isn't new, it's been around for over a year. Although it's true that most good companies like AutoArt and lately Maisto are more about performance cars than everyday ones. I know I'd buy a 6 diecast though, given the chance, so there is a market. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts

Hell I would buy one in every color they make. I have 14 diffrent Diecast of the new H2 8 of them are the same diecast just in diffrent colors.:)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

That's wierd. I have a bunch of different diecasts... I suppose I might be a little excentric for paying like $50 apeice though... :p

·
Registered
178 Posts

The H2 ones that I bought at model show at the York Fair. I bought 26 diecast items from one vender for $9.99 each for the maisto premiere edition 1:18s that normaly sell for $20.00 and the auto art ones I paid 22.00 for the 1:18s and 14.00 for the 1:24s. and some old John Deere shit for 12.00 each I thought the Deere stuff was cool. If you think that is bad then do not come to York on the model train event. I have seen people spend as much as a new 6 cost in one day.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I doubt I'll find a diecast of a gray 6s without the sport kit, alas. All of the models I've seen so far are of the hatch, which I *wish* I could buy...

I have an orange Miata model that's EXACTLY like my (soon to be ex-) car, except for the shifter. Ah well, at least I can keep the model. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

That's wierd.  I have a bunch of different diecasts...  I suppose I might be a little excentric for paying like $50 apeice though... :p[/b]
Don't feel bad, I've spent anywhere from $40 to $140 for my 30+ 1:24 scale diecasts. Of course, the one I paid $140 for was an autographed, very low production run, individualy # chasis, Mark Martin replica of the car he won the Coca Cola 600 with last year. Well worth the expense IMO. If only team Caliber would make a 6 diecast, we would all be very happy. TC is one of the absolute best diecast car manufacturers out there. Action Elite is very high end also, but they are almost 2X the money, for a comparable car, than the TC's.

Joe

·
Registered
492 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Diecast Model...'

^^nice find!!! Good job, 666. Now if it comes with sport package...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Diecast Model...'

looks good...now where's the wagon and hatch in a choice of factory colours.
I've got the 1:43 factory one in the Canary yellow (just like my hatch); but I want 1:18 in a Pacific Blue wagon and Canary yellow hatch.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Originally posted by Lex2Maz

^^nice find!!!  Good job, 666.  Now if it comes with sport package...[/b]
Good job! Hope it will be avaliable in the US/Canada.
:thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts