Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 with 24000 miles on it. Got it a little less than a month ago. Yesterday when I was driving it i put the hammer down, and I felt as though the usual boost I get as I run through a gear was gone.

I'm not an expert on turbos, but it doesn't quite feel the same as it used to. The acceleration is smoother than it usually is, and it doesnt feel like it's winding up like it used to.

How can I tell if my turbo has stopped working or if I'm just being paranoid?
Is this a common problem with MS6s and what can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
driving in stop and go traffic? this will heat soak the intercooler and the car will feel flat for a little bit until it cools off.

check engine light?

are you just getting used to it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bmorrrisj

Not driving in stop and go. No check engine light. I would say im just getting used to it, but it feels like a significant lack of boost.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Get a DashHawk for boost gauge to tell for sure.

And maybe its time to start modding... eh? I think it is :)

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Short of driving someone that knows how our cars feel normally, the only other option is to get a boost gauge or dash hawk (or borrow a dashhawk from someone local).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for all of your help. Finally, having never owned a high performance vehicle before, is this just a natural progression of the ownership? Do you eventually just take control of the once uncontrollable so it eventually just starts feeling slower?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Power is a drug and you can expect to need alot more of it.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Thank you all for all of your help. Finally, having never owned a high performance vehicle before, is this just a natural progression of the ownership? Do you eventually just take control of the once uncontrollable so it eventually just starts feeling slower?
yes you just get used to it. even with all the mods i have on my car i am now used to the power level. this is why most of us who start modding have a hard time stopping because you just keep wanting more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Power is a drug and you can expect to need alot more of it.
"It just keeps calling me man i can shake it" beg, barrow, steal to get that fix!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts