Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grounded the throttle body... i feel 0 difference in anything (as expected). Just wanted to make sure i did it right.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Some people do, some people don't. There's no scientific bases on how much of an effect grounding the throttle body actually does. I have it done, never really feel much of a difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah well as expected i figured this little "mod" was going to be total BS since for one the throttle body is already grounded through the engine and everything else. So i really dont see how people are posting up that they feel more "torque" in the midrange, how the throttle is more "responsive" and so on...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I never understood the benefits of grounding a newer car. I can understand if the car was 10 or 20 years old. But not on a new car.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Isn't that wire kinda small?? I need to get a better ground for my car too. Cuz sumtimes my lights flicker alittle bit with the system cranked up, even with my 10 farad hybrid capaciter and the battery is new to, just replaced it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't that wire kinda small?? I need to get a better ground for my car too. Cuz sumtimes my lights flicker alittle bit with the system cranked up, even with my 10 farad hybrid capaciter and the battery is new to, just replaced it.
[/b]
Ok thats just retarded! I used a 12 guage... rated for commercial use, this wire can carry enough current to light your room. Do you really think that if i put a 2 guage wire to my head phones they will be 100x louder? thats not how electronics work, its either grounded or NOT.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ok thats just retarded! I used a 12 guage... rated for commercial use, this wire can carry enough current to light your room. Do you really think that if i put a 2 guage wire to my head phones they will be 100x louder? thats not how electronics work, its either grounded or NOT.
[/b]
quote "its either grounded or NOT."
Only true if your using the wire to send a signal (ie...audio, and video...) but then there is resistance difference on the same guage wiring like copper vs silver.
Not true if your running a high power system ( ie...grounding for your car battery... Power and grounding for your high power amps in a aftermarket system.) Where there is a high current issue and bigger guage wires are gonna be needed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts