Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a v6, 3.0L with the 3" exhaust tips (came stock on the 6s). I was wondering, it just hit me cause me and my friend were talking about this for no reason what so ever and made a bet, anyways, what is Mazda 6's diameter of the metal exhaust under the stainless tip (that ugly brown, rusty one that is hidden by the exhaust tip!). I tried measuring it, but couldn't get the tape measure in there. I think its 2.25". Doesn't seem like its more. It could be just 2", but that seems too small when looking at the 3" exhaust tips. If anybody knows the diameter, let me know. thanks a bunch guys.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by backman_66@Nov 16 2005, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty sure it's 2.25"...  2" would be getting pretty small.
[snapback]558635[/snapback]​
that's what I thought. I want to measure it, but its so damn close to the exhaust tip, which is 3" and if its close to that, then it has to be just a tat smaller. you think it could be 2.5" or that's pushing it???!! cuase my friend said its 2.5" and I said its 2.25". really want to win my $20

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
When I replaced my stock, regular-old, non-sports bumper type tips, the actual muffler outlet was slightly under 2.25 outside diameter. I think the same muffler is used on both the 4 & 6 cyl.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by twowheelin@Nov 16 2005, 01:22 AM
When I replaced my stock, regular-old, non-sports bumper type tips,  the actual muffler outlet was slightly under 2.25 outside diameter.  I think the same muffler is used on both the 4 & 6 cyl.
[snapback]558651[/snapback]​
I figured it would be 2.25", I tried measuring and it didn't seem large neough to be 2.5". it was either between 2.25" and 2.0". thanks a lot dude

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by Jax6S@Nov 17 2005, 06:43 AM

[snapback]559559[/snapback]​
Looks like my memory is off by about a 1/4". :slap: The muffler outlet pipe looks like about 2" OD...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
twowheelin
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing