Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that we have sent a proposal to DiabloSport regarding a Predator for a Mazda6. The proposal would have Draxas cover some or all of the development costs of a Predator for the Mazda6. There are some requirements that Draxas will have, being that we will fork over a large amount of money.

We are hopeful that DiabloSport will take our proposal seriously and that Draxas and DiabloSPort can reach an agreement. Any news regarding this will be posted here on this site. If all goes well, Draxas will be selling Predators for the Mazda6 in the not too distant future.

Retail prices for the PRedator should be right around $400-$425.

Stay posted for more details.

Nikolas

·
Registered
537 Posts
If everything doesn't go as planned then I would be interested in the Diablosport, espcially since it is the 1/4 of the price of the engine managment I am looking at.

Nikolas, I am interested in seeing where this goes, but can't give a definate answer for another month. Hope people bite on this because $400 is a great price.

Also, if this did start up, I understand R&D takes a little time, but what would the timeline be? Predator would be a great, low cost engine managment solution (that does what you need) for anyone going with forced induction or even staying N/A but wants to get the most out of the engine.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Z6Speed,

I will be able to answer most of your questions once we hear back from DiabloSport. If they decide to enter R&D on a Predator for the Mazda6, they will require the use of at least one Mazda6 3.0L and one Mazda6 2.3L. More than likely, they will also require the use of each model equipped with an automatic transaxle as well (for transmission tuning).

The tuning process very well might take several weeks to cover all the bases. Im sure some real world testing will be required to make sure all the bugs are worked out.

I would estimate the total time for completion, from day one until the day the units are ready to ship out, woud take at least 90 days... maybe even 120-150. Im not familiar with their processes and development time. But Im keeping my fingers crossed that DiabloSport will move on the proposal I sent to them.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I voted for the third option, but I as well would definitely buy one as soon as I have the funds available. But the unit must have timing control for higher octane!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am still waiting to hear from DiabloSport. I will give them until Wednesday of this coming week before I call them and ask whats up.

I hope they take me seriously on my offer to them. I want to do whatever I can within reason to bring a Predator to the market for the Mazda6.

Nikolas

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
"Yes, and I will participate in a pre-sale special offer" provided it works as advertised and is in the price range you quoted above and comes out in the spring because right now I've suspended all spending on this car until then.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Originally posted by Draxas_VP@Sep 18 2004, 08:22 PM
I will give them until Wednesday of this coming week before I call them and ask whats up.
[snapback]304952[/snapback]​
Yeah, so what's up?

·
Registered
361 Posts
same bat time...same bat channel.

Man, i really hate when people talk crap about the very few companies that are helping the 6 people out, but common...... AT LEAST POST AN UPDATE. even if it is, "no word" or "cant get through" or "I suck and forgot"

SOMETHING!

My problem here is that I have $700 burning a hole in my pocket, and it will remain there until diablo puts out a product for the 6....IF THEY ARE GOING TO DEVELOP ONE... otherwise i have to waste my money(in comparison) on the cp-e intake.

I think spending the same amount for an intake such as injen, then getting the diablo product... i am SURE that the gains will be the same.
I personaly dont think that cp-e is going to make an intake that does less then the injen... its marketing. fix injen...make results slightly less then ours. then sell ours for $$$$$$ while the market has no other options. makes sense. but driving me nuts.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have yet to hear back from DiabloSport regarding my offer to get this product development started.

I will call them next week and ask what is going on. I know they just released their Predator for the 2004 F-150 and will soon be releasing parts for the 2005 F-150 as well.

Nikolas

·
Registered
361 Posts
Originally posted by Draxas_VP+Sep 18 2004, 06:22 PM-->
I am still waiting to hear from DiabloSport. I will give them until Wednesday of this coming week before I call them and ask whats up.

[snapback]304952[/snapback]​
[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Draxas
@Oct 1 2004, 04:49 PM
I have yet to hear back from DiabloSport regarding my offer to get this product development started.

I will call them next week and ask what is going on.
Nikolas
[snapback]310352[/snapback]​

please look at the timestamps.
does this look like a broken record or what?

nick, its not that we dont think your having problems with them...its the false hopes you give us and then do not respond back to even give us a small update.... this is bad in my eyes.

a lot of people are going to lose respect for you by doing this over and over.

edit: yes i did.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There really is only so much I can do guys. I spoke on the phone with my contact at DiabloSport. I mentioned to him of my offer to help get a Predator to market for the Mazda6. He told me to put together an email and he would forward it to his boss for review. I did what I was told to do, and DiabloSport has yet to contact me regarding my offer.

I want a Predator out for the Mazda6 as badly as you guys. I thought we actually had a chance this time, but low and behold, DiabloSport does what they have always done....give me the cold shoulder.

The issues I have with DiabloSport are compounded by the fact that we are on opposite sides of the continent.

Nikolas

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is the latest email reply I have received from DiabloSport:

"We are currently finishing up a few projects that have been in the works for
a quite a while. I have forwarded your e-mail as well as many of the others
I have received regarding the Mazda 3 and 6 to my bosses. We should know in
the next couple of months what will be on the agenda for next year."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts