Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 3.0L MTX that is in need of some love. @ 65K now i need new brake pads and rotors, and a new clutch. I also want to get new shocks and springs. My problem is that I don't have the ability to do the work myself (maybe the springs, but I would screw up the brakes, and hells no on the clutch). So I'm looking for some place other than te dealer that I can get this done.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Brake pads and rotors are a fairly easy job, I would do them myself.

If not though, I would recommend checking out Bills Automotive in Rochester Hills for all of the work. I used to go there for all of my needs a few years ago and despite being a friend of the family he runs a real honest shop.

Also, it can't hurt to price shop, call around and see what people will charge, since you know what the problem is you can do a good job of searching that way.

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
thre is a place in commerce, its more a speed shop for imports, they got a few cars out all the time, MR2 ...bla bla..

anyway I went in there for a boost guage and they charged me like 75 for the parts and 50-70 for labor, which seamed pretty good so if you did all if it there im sure they give you a good price.

monkey wrench its called, on maple road, between haggerty and M5 - not sure if its to far but if the price is right it may be worth it. let me know if you call over there and what they say.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
check out the fellow mazda members from michigan for your springs/brakes install... it's chill and you get to know someone! :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
brakes and rotors... entry level person can do it (we are talking women and children here)
springs and shocks.. we are talking about intermediate level person.. u can do it.. u must have the right tools and have about 5 hours for the complete job but you save like 300+ bucks

clutch... good luck son.

·
Registered
459 Posts
brakes and rotors... entry level person can do it (we are talking women and children here)
springs and shocks.. we are talking about intermediate level person.. u can do it.. u must have the right tools and have about 5 hours for the complete job but you save like 300+ bucks

clutch... good luck son.
[/b]
Me and justin did mine in about 2 1/2 hours. He He. :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yeah.. u guys did springs in 2 1/2 hours.. the rear shocks are the pain in the asses! trust me on this.. next week will be my 7th time i've done this and i am not looking forward to it. but i do know how to do it so that's why im lending a hand.. i took a set of shock out of my car last week and it still took me 4 hours just for the rears and that was my 6th time doing it! that stupid shock tower has to come out with the shock and there's not much space which makes everything very very hard! not to mention u are upside down getting rust in your eyes.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah.. u guys did springs in 2 1/2 hours.. the rear shocks are the pain in the asses! trust me on this.. next week will be my 7th time i've done this and i am not looking forward to it. but i do know how to do it so that's why im lending a hand.. i took a set of shock out of my car last week and it still took me 4 hours just for the rears and that was my 6th time doing it! that stupid shock tower has to come out with the shock and there's not much space which makes everything very very hard! not to mention u are upside down getting rust in your eyes.
[/b]
lol... i remember the frustration between you and your friend tryin' to get the rears in! hahaha :laugh:

^^^The Pro^^^
[/b]
ch0de! :slap:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
lol... i remember the frustration between you and your friend tryin' to get the rears in! hahaha :laugh:
ch0de! :slap:
[/b]

yeah man.. i forgot you were there! that sucked. that was the first time doing it and no "how to" haah good times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts