Mazda 6 Forums banner

Detailed Review/Installation Breakdown of Morimoto 2 Stroke LEDs

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ABCGarage! 
#1 ·
So the first thing I have to note is that the difference between these and the stock halogens (if your model doesn't already have HIDs or LEDs) is night and day. They have a nice subtle bluish hue to them and definitely make the front end look more luxurious and pronounced. Originally I wanted HIDs from Morimoto, but my gf got me these as a birthday present so I could never say no to free. I actually think I prefer the LEDs since they emit less heat and typically draw less energy. Anyways, onto the installation process.

Installation: 4/10 difficulty

Luckily there is no need to really unbolt anything when trying to install these since you can essentially just pull out the whole ensemble and plug and play. I do have to note that the LED bulbs and their housing is a bit bigger than stock so to get the assembly in there takes a bit of trial and error. This should take no longer than 45 minutes and that's if you take your time or maybe have the worst luck with the fitment.

Quality: 10/10

Extremely bright, can even be seen in full daylight and has a nice hue. Of course, I've only had them on for a little under 2 weeks so this is by no means a lifetime review, but should anything change I will jump on the forum immediately!

Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 Link: http://www.morimotohid.com/h11-led-headlight-bulbs-morimoto-2stroke.html

Instagram: @abc.garage19
Installation:

See less See more
#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.