Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahem...no judgment.
My agency’s garage has really tight corners. Upon exiting...well, I hit the passenger side of my car on the wall. No damage to wheels or doors (thank god); however, my rocker panel is...well, rocked. I didn’t notice it at all until a neighbor pointed it out. I can handle the paint transfer, it’s the dent that’s driving me bonkers. Do you think I’ll be able to fix this on my own via bridge puller (aka dent puller)? I figured if I effed it up anymore, I’d take it to a shop (quote guesstimates?) I just hate knowing I’ll be taken advantage of given I’m a female, which is why I’d been learning to work on my car myself rather than go to a shop/service-center. Pictures below (you may have to zoom in on the close up of the rocker panel to see the dent).

thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
You can give it a try. If all else fail, then you can ask for a repair estimate. I couldn't see the dent but if it's located on a corner, it might be difficult.

Again, you can give it a try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can give it a try. If all else fail, then you can ask for a repair estimate. I couldn't see the dent but if it's located on a corner, it might be difficult.

Again, you can give it a try.
i most likely will. It’s pushed in (see new photo). You can see the black rack that it should be flush against towards the bottom of the white paint transfer)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Search up mobile paintless dent removal in Google or Craigslist in your area they can likely pull that out for a reasonable price

·
Registered
847 Posts
You will find that that under-sill moulding, though it (itself) likely does not need to be replaced - well, 'cuz the clips are so expensive individually, the cheapest thing to do is to order the whole undersill moulding which comes with 13 clips (if memory serves). About $53 Cdn with clips. I also say this cuz to reinstall the moulding, the clips should all be attached to the moulding and then each is bunted-upwards into its respective hole. If not, reinstallation of the moulding is a PITA judging how ea. clip has to be engaged into the moulding.

Now I say all of this assuming that you do need to replace one or more clips.

It is possible, I am guessing, to reinstall the moulding with the clips still left in the rocker... but it is hard.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would guess that the dent has to be pulled and then body filler has to be trowelled-on, smoothed / sanded, and then the rocker would have to be resprayed. I really would be surprised if paintless dent removal would work. I also think that that sheet metal is ultra-thin. Doing this properly would have merit, what with the beating that that rocker takes in wintertime, depending on where you live. You would not want to create a corrosion / rust issue, I am guessing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will find that that under-sill moulding, though it (itself) likely does not need to be replaced - well, 'cuz the clips are so expensive individually, the cheapest thing to do is to order the whole undersill moulding which comes with 13 clips (if memory serves). About $53 Cdn with clips. I also say this cuz to reinstall the moulding, the clips should all be attached to the moulding and then each is bunted-upwards into its respective hole. If not, reinstallation of the moulding is a PITA judging how ea. clip has to be engaged into the moulding.

Now I say all of this assuming that you do need to replace one or more clips.

It is possible, I am guessing, to reinstall the moulding with the clips still left in the rocker... but it is hard.
i honestly never noticed the clips. I looked again this morning and saw half of one clear as day. It’s not broken, thankfully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts