Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my first dent today, 11,000 pristine miles then someone musta bumped my car with their door in the parking garage. Its very very small but I wash my car a lot and I notice it and it bothers me. Have any of you used the pop dent removal tools they sell at wal mart of autozone or advance? Its not big enough for me to justify spending 100 bucks for a shop to do it...... comments?

·
Registered
979 Posts
never used the tool but i can not say enough for the skills... heheh of dent wizard, my dent was the size of about a quarter and on the door crease. 99 bux and it was out and you would never know it was there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried one of the "home dent removal" kits from AutoZone...the kind with the U-shaped brace and suction-cup that you glue to the area and thread through the brace. What a joke!!! Wound up messing the area up more than it was when I had started. I eventually took it in to a painless dent removal service and think you would be happier in the long run if you did also. Or you could try the "dry ice method"...some say it works, some say it's an urban legend! :thumbdn:

·
Registered
814 Posts
never used the tool but i can not say enough for the skills... heheh of dent wizard, my dent was the size of about a quarter and on the door crease. 99 bux and it was out and you would never know it was there.
[/b]
I co-sign on that statement....Dent Wizard fixed my ding perfectly ( in the bodyline as well). Stay away from those tools and check these guys out Dent Wizard

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I've had some small dents pdr'd for less than $60. Look around for a busy shop and ask. What will it hurt?

And stay away from those do-it-ur-self things. While some people have reported success, I think it was with larger, less pronounced dents than door dings.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have one too, but I know I'll eventually get stuck having to drive my car to a Penn State game this season...which is football catching, paint-scuffing hell...so I'm learning to just cope with it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have severqal dents ... similiar to the situation you described....my question is...will dent wizard charge per dent...or per hour...because I have three I want taken care of

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've used the do-it-yourself kits plenty. Once you get the hang of it, awesome tool! If you lived near by, I would have you smooth again in no time. Sorry to hear about your ding. Good luck!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I tried it too. It didn't work too well. I'm just going to give in and take it to a shop.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have severqal dents ... similiar to the situation you described....my question is...will dent wizard charge per dent...or per hour...because I have three I want taken care of
[/b]
I don't know about dent king, but the places I've used charged by the dent - but the more dents, the less the per dent cost.

Also, the easier it was to get to the back side of the dent, the less it cost to repair.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i have used the ding king before, and man, what a waste of money. made no difference in the tiny dent i had.
[/b]
I've never had any trouble using this product. Popped small door dings out of my Cadillac. I found one small ding on the top rear quarter of my 6, I'll post before and after pics.

·
Registered
814 Posts
[/b]
While its true the price will change depending on the dent and area (most being in the same ball park price anyway) Dent Wizard usually (from what I understand, and judging by other details on the bill) goes by panel. When I was there, the guy before me had a slew of dents in his front quarter panel from a shopping cart. The "wizard" took them all out and gave the guy a price adjusted about 70 bucks from the price I got. Granted his were quarter panel as opposed to mine being door, and we all know quarter panels are a bitch. So if you got two dings on your driver door, you get the usual price, perhaps slightly modified, but if its one on the roof, trunk, and door...you'll be paying three times.(I think!) The charge, Im convinced, is based on the pulling apart of and replacing of other pieces to get to the inside of the dent. The actual PDR procedure itself seems to be a cake walk to any dent wizard technician...and rightly so.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My very first ding came last night. My neighbor has his boat parked in our carport (he takes us wakeboarding, so I don't mind). We pull in last night and my wife decides to throw the door open right into the wheel well on the trailer! I was like, "Did you forget there was a $^%'in BOAT in our $^%'in CARPORT!!??" I was so pissed, just had to vent that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dont know exactly when i got my first dent, but it was a couple of months ago. i didnt even find it; some guy pulled up next to me, hanging out the driver's window shouting, in broken english "you want me fix that dent? i fix that dent cheap!" i ignored him, thinking he was crazy; i mean first of all IF i had a dent i wouldnt get some guy who was shouting hanging out of his car to fix it, and Second of all, i dont have a dent; who would dare dent my brand new car??? well, i got home and did a walk around and found it: a vertical dent about 2.5 inches long right on the crease of the rear-passenger wheel-flare. it still bothers me to this day that its there. and none of my friends have one of those dent king things and if i was gonna spend money to fix it, id just wait till my next oil change and get the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
ha. i got my first dent on the exact day of my cars two years anniversary. i had bought sub frame connectors from someone for my mustang, and had them leaned against a large cardboard box. well, back the six in to put on the front sway, and mid way through the day a gust of wind blew up and knocked over the box...and the subframe connectors. whcih promptly wacked the right rear fender. 380 dollars later, its fixed. ugh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
AzMz6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing