Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently (june 2006) bought a new mazda 6 2006 model. I ordered a dension icelink plus togeteher with the car to connect to my Ipod. When the car was delivered the Mazda dealer mentioned that the icelink was not installed because it was not working properly on the 2006 model (some dashboard panel functions did not work ok). Until now there is no solution to connect my Ipod according to the dealer.

Anybody had similar problems? Anybody a suggestion how to solve it? Does it matter if the HU is Sanyo or Clarion?

Please let me know if you need more info. By the way I am living in the Netherlands.

thanks for any suggestion leading to a solution.

I start missing my Ipod now ;-(

cheers,

george

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the exact thing to me. I had to have my HU swapped out by the dealer because the CD changer port was not activated or powered. I also have a 2006 M6 V6.

Hello all,

I recently (june 2006) bought a new mazda 6 2006 model. I ordered a dension icelink plus togeteher with the car to connect to my Ipod. When the car was delivered the Mazda dealer mentioned that the icelink was not installed because it was not working properly on the 2006 model (some dashboard panel functions did not work ok). Until now there is no solution to connect my Ipod according to the dealer.

Anybody had similar problems? Anybody a suggestion how to solve it? Does it matter if the HU is Sanyo or Clarion?

Please let me know if you need more info. By the way I am living in the Netherlands.

thanks for any suggestion leading to a solution.

I start missing my Ipod now ;-(

cheers,

george
[/b]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kmusa,

Thanks for your reply. i have a copuple of short questions for you:
1) Which country are you from?
2)To which HU did you swap?
3) which interface are you using now, the icelink?

nd finally:

4) Is it all working properly now?

thanks for you reply.

kind regards,
George

·
Registered
59 Posts
1) Which country are you from? USA
2)To which HU did you swap? Panasonic
3) which interface are you using now, the icelink? YES, the I-MAZDA-R
4) Is it all working properly now? YES, it works great.

Hi kmusa,

Thanks for your reply. i have a copuple of short questions for you:
1) Which country are you from?
2)To which HU did you swap?
3) which interface are you using now, the icelink?

nd finally:

thanks for you reply.

kind regards,
George
[/b]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ksmusa,

thanks again for your reply. I assume the first, non compatible, HU was a Clarion, am I right? My HU has a single CD player. Is it necessary to have the 6-disk changer for interworking with the Icelink?

cheers,

George

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi is THE RPM kit compatible with both the Panasonic as well as the Clarion version of the HU? I have a 1-CD version (no 6-cd changer) is that ok?

cheers,

george

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,

I ordered the Audiolink from RPM and received it after only 4 days here in the Netherlands. :) :) :) I don't know whether this qualifies for the fastest transatlatntic shipment so far, but it was real quick. The customs did not add any import tax (probably because GIFT was mentioned on the package).

I installed the kit and it works great. The only thing is that I don't know how to return form playlist mode (EX2 ..EX 9) to IPOD control EX1.

I am confident that I wil solve this issue soon. Meanwhile I am so happy that I can finally listen to my IPOD again. This despite the fact that the MAZDA importer was certian that there was no IPOD integration kit that would work with the 2006 model.

By the way I have a Matsushita HU (=Panasonic) together with a factory DVD navigation set.

cheers,

George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts