Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent about 5 hrs yesterday installing the Demon eyes I've had in my garage for the last 3 years. My girlfriend originally bought these for my 04 6i, since that car is long gone the lights have been designated to the 07 MS6.

I must say that this wasn't the easiest install I've tackled but for sure one of the most rewarding! Here are the results.

Let me know what you guys think.

Ty

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like it! Although I thought those went out of "style" like 3 years ago when all the ricers started doing it? Either way they look sexy as stated above haha

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
3 years ago? i had them in my tiburon before i even bought my 6 back in 02. lol.

looks good though man. took me about 2 hours to do mine. but i obviously had done sets in the past. my biggest worry was pulling the bumper which turned out way easy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes they are sexy... i likey the mica black with them... and then .... get a nice sunset... at just the right time and,,,,'

viola........

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
here's mine at last years national6 meet.

the newer CCFL halo's are really a sweet set up. when i did my tiburon, there wasnt really such a thing out yet. hell, you couldnt even buy halo's back then. you had to make them yourself out of curtain rods, and LED's. lol. the CCFL's are just lightyears better then the old LED one's.

this was my old tibby

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 years ago? i had them in my tiburon before i even bought my 6 back in 02. lol.

looks good though man. took me about 2 hours to do mine. but i obviously had done sets in the past. my biggest worry was pulling the bumper which turned out way easy.
I spent a lot of time taking apart that headlamp assemblies. I didn't feel right about baking them in the oven so I used a heat gun on the assemblies and baked a cake instead. lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes they are sexy... i likey the mica black with them... and then .... get a nice sunset... at just the right time and,,,,'

viola........

Hell ya man, set the mood! but you forgot the Barry White and a bottle of wine. Yours looks sweet with the eye lids. that may have to be next.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I spent a lot of time taking apart that headlamp assemblies. I didn't feel right about baking them in the oven so I used a heat gun on the assemblies and baked a cake instead. lol
on the 6, i didnt use any heat at all. i used a 5 inch putty knife. by far the best way to separate headlights. and the cleanest! on the tiburon, i baked them. a bit messier then i would have liked. wont be going that route ever again.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

How does Mark always end up in the middle? LOL
He must be taking the photos hey?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nice!! I've always wanted to do that mod, but I heard it was a PITA to do it plus I'm too pussy to take apart my headlights. Even if people say it's ricey, they finally got something tasteful down.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It takes a long time, but if you're careful, it's not hard. It's intimidating for sure, but once you do it, you'll look back and think it wasn't so bad. Bake at a low temp for a longer time, rather than high temps for short time periods.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It takes a long time, but if you're careful, it's not hard. It's intimidating for sure, but once you do it, you'll look back and think it wasn't so bad. Bake at a low temp for a longer time, rather than high temps for short time periods.
You do it for me, Charles.

Make it look ultra seksie.
Like Steve's.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
I'm sure it's just me, but I've never understood the "sexy" look of angle eyes.

To me they rank right there with having neon under the car.

Yeah, never even liked eyes on the original BMW's from the factory, really learned to hate it when the concept went rice, and still don't like it on the speed...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
You know I'd be willing to help you out if you want.
Charles, you're a saint. Yes, one of these days I'll do this mod. Thanks for the offer!

I'm sure it's just me, but I've never understood the "sexy" look of angle eyes.

To me they rank right there with having neon under the car.

Yeah, never even liked eyes on the original BMW's from the factory, really learned to hate it when the concept went rice, and still don't like it on the speed...
I disagree! I mean, they're installed and contained inside the headlighthousing! It's not ricey at all! Plus, I've already got the sharkfin ant. Halos would make me a true BMW wannabe. Lmfao.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
LOL- Yeah, there ya go-
Makes sense cause I'm not a shark fin fan either

cx7 stubby all the way :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've always loved BMWs, and probably always will. I didn't put my sharkfin and my halos on to imitate that, though. I just think they both look good. I love pulling up behind a truck at night and seeing the reflection of my HIDs plus the halos...the front of the car looks so evil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It wish I had a pic from my '02 Sentra, I bought the halo projector lights (prefabed), they looked sick wwith the sep high and low beams w/halos. I am still not sure if I can install the halos on my 6. What kind of sealant would you use to reseal the lights after Mod?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts