Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Delorean'

Hmmm.... Delorean is a special car! I sure remember it from "Back to the future" movies! How many were produced?

·
Registered
446 Posts

Wow, that's a hell of a restoration. A labor of love. On the movie note, I think Back To The Future (BTTF) showed a speedo up to 95 mph. The pics on the site show the speedo only going to 85. How's he going to get to 88mph?!
If you know the movie as well as I do, there's a part when he's being chased at the Twin Pines Mall right before he travels back in time. At one point they show the speedo when he's about to break 88 and then hits the brakes and does a hard right. I thought that part showed a speedo to 95. I'll have to check my DVD!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MazdaSpeed

Hmmm.... Delorean is a special car! I sure remember it from "Back to the future" movies! How many were produced?[/b]
Three.

I've seen that very DeLorean live. It's at Universal Studios Florida.:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That is 1000 Megawatts...

1000W=1kW (KiloWatt)
1000000W=1MW (MegaWatt)
1000000000=1GW (GigaWatt)
1000000000000=1tW (teraWatt)

1GW is somewhere about the output of a nuclear plant...

·
Registered
446 Posts

Torgo's quoting the movie Steve! (MJ Fox)

"Tom, how am I going to produce that kind of power? It can't be done, can it?"

·
Registered
96 Posts

I admire this guy's pluck and all, but you can buy a mint, never-driven-in-rain deLorean on Ebay for about 20K.

I think restoring most any car is a terrible waste of money. I was watching the Barrett-Jackson auction (I was bored, OK) and all of these super-rare, rebuilt-from-the-ground-up sports cars were going for one half to one third of the money the owners had put into them. It was sad. I saw a Hemi Cuda (rarer than rare) go for 50K after the owner had bought it for 60K and put about 100K into it over the course of five years. Depressing. Why the hell did he sell it?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

To pay interests on the loan he took to restore it?? :sarc

Depressing is the word...man, I get headache!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts