Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering....does anyone know if you would be better off ordering a new Mazda6 from:

A larger dealer who has maybe 12-15 6's on the lot at any given time..... OR
A smaller dealer who has 4-5 on the lot at any given time

How does dealer allocation work? When you're talking about delivery times for special orders, does the size of the dealership make any difference, or how many cars they are "allowed/allocated"?

Or not?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Delivery times...dealer allocations...dealer size

I've been told that the bigger the dealer - the more 'pull' they have and the more likely the delivery time will be less.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

I would think that they go by how many cars the dealer sells a month.. Which would go hand in hand with dealer size and location.. Obviously dealers in bigger cities and that have a bigger location will sell more cars in a month than other smaller ones. So I think the allocation is usually based upon that.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think another factor is the quality ratings each dealer gets from customers. Have you noticed how much contact you get after the sale or service? According to the Ford Dealer I bought an Explorer from for my wife, the customer service responses go towards allocation of the "better" cars to the dealer.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Okay. So how about a large dealer, but this dealer sells multitudes of car makes....Honda, Mazda, Cadillac, etc. So they have TONS of cars total, but they only have like 4 or 5 Mazda6's in at a time (but they also have quite a few Proteges, etc. too). But I think the Mazda6's are selling....so even though they don't stock many 6's, they sell good.

????

Basically, what it comes down to is, I purched from the local dealer that I just described here, as opposed to going a town away to a larger dealer that sells Ford and Mazda only, and get greater quantities. But since they're further away, I don't get over there much, so I don't know how quickly their 6's are selling at that one. But that was the one where, when I was there a few weeks ago after an appointment I had, almost all their non-sport 6's had those ugly Pinstripes on them, and were just plain-jane with nothing, not even spoilers or anything. And they only get a couple/few sport packages on their lot. So what they DO have, even though they have greater quantity, is not very much to choose from if you're looking for Sport and other options, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts