Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 of these modules hooked up to my Autopage 860LCD Alarm and had a few questions on there purpose and usage im convinced that my installer is bs'in and installed them wrong..

1. This module allows 2 windows to be controlled up and down via remote... Since i have 2 = all 4 windows...

2. It automates my factory switches to allow for one touch auto up/down.... Question: Does this mean all factory switches for each window inclduding my 4 on my side or only the 4 on my drivers side..?

3. When the windows are traveling on auto up and something obstructs its path (eg. i stick my hand in the window), Shouldnt the windows sense the obstruction and stop the auto sequence.. and if it doesnt the installer claims that it doesnt stop bcuz he has the wind-up strenght set to its highest bcuz my windows wind-up rough, so it does sense the obstruction but since it sets to its highest theres nothing strong enough to make it go back down (mind you i stuck a water bottle in the window and press the auto roll up it hits the bottle and stills wants to go, but the bottle is stronger.. Did he not install it correctly.. or is he correct about the strenght...

I want to go to another shop, but there alarm/security technician is on a prolonged vacation and hasnt returned...

So can anyone clarify for me...

Thx in advance..

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Well you already answered your own question it looks like, but I will say, I do have the same in my car, I have TWO of them as well, and as far as the auto up/down feature,, On mine it only works from the drivers door and not on any other switches.. And as far as the window stoping if something is in the way,, :unsure: I have no clue,, I will have to try that tomorrow to see if that works, I was never told by my installer that they do that..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts