Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the quarantine and social distancing, I decided to do show some TLC to my 2015 Mazda 6. Did a quick exterior detail after work and now she looks new! Check out the full video and if you want to follow along with the build please subscribe :) got a bodykit on the way, single exit exhaust set up and tune coming soon as well.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks good but please get 2 five gallon buckets and 2 grit guards. Use mitts instead of a brush and never use the same mitt or any wash media that touches the body on your wheels. Buy plenty of 350 gsm or above microfiber clothes and drying towels. If your purpose of using compound was to do a paint correction then i can assure you your arms will fall off before you get even 30% paint correction. Use a claybar to remove the embedded contaminants after washing, invest on a DA polisher and use compound followed by a polish for correction. Do remember the mazda6 has notoriously thin and soft paint, so the less often you correct the paint, the better. Once you are done polishing, apply favorite synthetic wax that should last you a good 3 to 4 months. Goodluck.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looks good but please get 2 five gallon buckets and 2 grit guards. Use mitts instead of a brush and never use the same mitt or any wash media that touches the body on your wheels. Buy plenty of 350 gsm or above microfiber clothes and drying towels. If your purpose of using compound was to do a paint correction then i can assure you your arms will fall off before you get even 30% paint correction. Use a claybar to remove the embedded contaminants after washing, invest on a DA polisher and use compound followed by a polish for correction. Do remember the mazda6 has notoriously thin and soft paint, so the less often you correct the paint, the better. Once you are done polishing, apply favorite synthetic wax that should last you a good 3 to 4 months. Goodluck.
That is all completely accurate. ?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have heard the term "paint correction" quite a few times. Can someone explain what it means in detail? Pls /Thx!
Yes, I've heard it many times but I don't know exactly what it means. Do you repaint it or apply something to hide the chips and scratches?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Paint correction comes from compounding and or polishing the paint. Even a well maintained vehicle will get micro scratches and marring, or swirl marks (you can see them when the sun shines on the paint). You “correct” them by using compound and or polishing the paint. It will remove these defects. Ammo NYC has several excellent videos regarding this topic, I would suggest checking them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts