Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all! I've noticed a kind of floaty feeling in my MS6 lately, so time to get new shocks. I plan on doing the whole coilover thing next year, but need something to tide me over till then, a suitable replacement for the stockers. So far, all I've found is the KYB GR2's, and of course, stealership replacements. Just wondering if there's any other options out there and does anyone have any input on them. Including the KYB's. I'll get them from the stealership if the other options suck out loud. Thanks a million!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I have mine bilsteins paired with RPM Sports springs. The combo is stiffer with less body roll in the turns. Less noticible front nose dive when braking. Sorry, I couldn't just give you plain bilstein impressions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bilstein HD's are the way to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have mine bilsteins paired with RPM Sports springs. The combo is stiffer with less body roll in the turns. Less noticible front nose dive when braking. Sorry, I couldn't you just bilstein impressions.
I appreciate it nonetheless :)

Bilstein HD's are the way to go.
I know that Bilstein makes a good product, but im not sure if I'm looking for an upgrade, per se. I just really need something to tide me over till I really dive into the mods, and they are twice as expensive as the KYB's. Are the really twice as good? Something to think about.

if i'm not mistaken your stock shocks are KYB, the same as the aftermarket KYB
Interesting thought, I'll have to look more into this. Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah the stock ones are KYB i saw it on my stock shock the other day when i was up under the car just piddling around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been looking for the Bilsteins or the Koni's but they are on indefinite back order...? From RPM's and a few other sites. If anyone knows where I can get them LMK please!

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been looking for the Bilsteins or the Koni's but they are on indefinite back order...? From RPM's and a few other sites. If anyone knows where I can get them LMK please!
I received my Koni FSDs yesterday, after only a one month wait. Ordered the full kit from Koni North America - ITT on 06 Oct and received on 03 Nov. Much better than the 8 weeks I was quoted! :)

Total cost was 772.50 including shipping.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Those better be the best shocks ever.... For ~$200 more you could have gone with a full coilover suspension setup and picked up a ton of handling performance and adjustable ride height and dampening.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree, I am expecting the best at this price. It is my wife's car though, and getting her to go for coilovers wasn't happening.

I'll post my opinion when I've had a chance to put a few miles on this setup. Maybe even share a few photos if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The FSD's are the best shocks for this car.

The Billstein's are the same for the regular 6 and us, so I would think that you could find them somewhere.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The FSD's are the best shocks for this car.

The Billstein's are the same for the regular 6 and us, so I would think that you could find them somewhere.

See my previous post!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Since you're only looking for something temporary anyways, might I suggest OEM shocks for $300?

Online Mazda Parts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i have tokico hp blues on mine with megan v6 springs and they are a fine stock replacement but i wouldnt call them an upgrade

i bought them because they were cheep and i needed someing to hold me over till spring when i can afford coilovers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts