Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4300K from xenondepot.com - $450
5000K from xenonfactory.com - $585

Both use Phillips bulbs and ballasts (well, as advertised)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have the 4300k from xenondepot. Its a good kit and the color normal, it shouldn't draw more unwanted attention (aka, cops or theives that follow profile you)

The 5000k xenonfactory's actually coated 4300k bulbs...but this may have changed in the past year.

Quality wise, these two kits are identical...either would be a good decision if you are willing to spend the money.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you like your set over the stock lights? Worth the money?

Edit: I just checked out the 5000K Xtec HID Conversion Kit from xenonstore.com: $320.. better price but lesser quality?

I gotta go find some reviews.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
in reality, they are not worth the money. its two bulbs and two ballasts....inexpensive electrical components which are deliberately made in short supply to drive the cost up...hence making them and keeping them a luxury item

if you like nice things, if you don't treat yourself too often, if you want your mazda to look different than everyone elses, get them. if you are on a tight budget, put the money towards a CP-E intake first.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've thought about that.. its not a necessity, but I do dig the extra light output. As for the cp-e setup, for the time being I'm limited to suspension and cosmetic mods cause I only have about 250 miles on my car and it hasn't really been broken in yet but as soon as it is I will definitely be ordering that.

Gotta love tax returns, and how they burdon you with options.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
whatever, I think HID's are worth the $300-$350. A good set should outlast your car, (thus offsetting some of the cost), can EASILY be installed yourself (if you can't install HID's you're hopeless... there is soo much info on the install), give you much better light output, it looks WAY better than orange halogens, and they also increase your visibilty=safety.

There.

You can get a good set for around $350.... get em... install em yourself.... and reap the rewards.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For that price I assume you are referring to the GB here for the mcculloch HIDs? That or I am pricing at the wrong stores.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by Pulszar@Feb 3 2005, 08:33 AM
How do you like your set over the stock lights? Worth the money?

Edit: I just checked out the 5000K Xtec HID Conversion Kit from xenonstore.com: $320.. better price but lesser quality?

I gotta go find some reviews.
[snapback]358129[/snapback]​

I just bought a plug and play kit from HIDexpress.com 6000K Aqua Blue Xentronic, very nice I spent $450 with shipping , but trust me they are worth it, very bright luxury look, wider and longer view, It took about 1.5 hrs. to install, it is easy, like I said the kit is plug and play, you should check out their site!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by Pulszar@Feb 3 2005, 04:32 AM
4300K from xenondepot.com - $450
5000K from xenonfactory.com - $585

Both use Phillips bulbs and ballasts (well, as advertised)
[snapback]357970[/snapback]​
The deciding factor for me was that Xenonfactory offers a 3-year warranty. I got the 4100K kit, it should be blue/white enough for your needs, eh?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by ChicagoSix@Feb 10 2005, 01:49 AM
The deciding factor for me was that Xenonfactory offers a 3-year warranty. I got the 4100K kit, it should be blue/white enough for your needs, eh?
[snapback]361794[/snapback]​
Yeah, I was looking for something in the 4000 - 5000 range, Im looking for solid white with a little blue - no yellow

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
the blue can be acheived by bending your the shield in your projector. (the real bwm, audi look) the best rating to get is 4300-5000k. You can find a how to do the shield bending by search on this site.

And BTW we offer 4600k kit for $285 shipped.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmmm damn this is seriously giving me a headache.... HID kits or retrofit or audio fibreglass install + SQL setup...... or even cpe (but i dont need that much hp anyway)

for HID i think i would go with the heronew's GB on mcculloch (it's cheap and lots of members are using them)

for retrofit, it's kinda a pain in the ass to install than HID kits, but i think they are worth the looks and the money (by decreasing the chance of getting pulled over by cops). I've been looking at some auctions on eBay and ..... on average, the price of the projectors itself is about 200-300 + shipping... i've seen 1 only 100over but without bulb holder though, do u guys think i could get a bulb holder from BMW parts store? And after the projector, have to buy the D2S bulb, and probably ballast and ignitor, if not included in the auction...

for audio fibreglass.... ehmmm i got a sub system already, but i need more... lol...

i know this isn't my thread, but anyone got any suggestion which to go?

my 0.02 is that xenonking is very very fast replying the emails.... but most of the HID kits supplier charge a lot for HID kit..... i'd go with heronew's GB... lol... (any discount for me, heronew???)

anyone has Polarg Hybrid 194 superwhite/hyperwhite bulbs? i need a HID colour to match those... anyone has suggestions?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
The price is set for everyone on the forum so that everyone pay the same amount. I do offer discount on mutiple orders that ship to the same address or even return customers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
heronew
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing