Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Debadged Trunk Pics'

Can you explain which method you used? Dental floss and a dryer? Loks very clean... no residue at all. i want to do this but I'v enever tried and I'm afraid of hurting the finis!

nice work,
-Alt

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I had a fully detailed process for you but yada yada yada AOL F*%$#@* SUCKS!

The link Below has a good detailed method and is pretty much what I followed. This was my first time too but it came out perfect.

Guy debadging his 330i

What I used:

Hairdryer (Was about 42 degrees F When I did it, thats 6 C for you Canadians and Euros)- Med. to High Heat @ low speed

3M Adhesive Remover ( 3M part no. 03618 $7 find at any parts store)

Fishing line (Trilene 10 lb test if it matters)

Fingernail

Carwash and wax

Also don't try to remove the center mounted Mazda logo. I believe there are two holes in the trunk which recieve the alignment pins/dowels from the back of the emblem if I'm not mistaken. You can have them welded in and repaint the trunk but then your talking a couple hundred bucks. I might pull mine off and have it painted to match the car along with the front chrome also if I don't get another grille

·
Registered
68 Posts

nice and clean...

nice OJ pic too...I actually got a story about that..

His son goes to a rival school of mine. I went to an away game, and I crossed their cafeteria and he starts waving at me. At first I didn't recognize him, so I waved back mocking him....:thefing He was in Detention....some other kid starts making a stabbing gesture to which I uneasily laugh....heh..
I played football with him 2 years ago...I trash-talked him, but I don't think he would remember that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts