Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went ahead and debadged my 6 the other nite in the fukin cold, after gettin my windows tinted. these are sum terrible pix of my 6 in the rain so i'm sorry.

Mazda6 badge.

before

during

after

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Debadged & Tinted Windows'

looks tite y0! :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Debadged & Tinted Windows

Don't really fancy cars without the badge... So... boring.

But the car itself was nice though :)

·
Registered
6 Posts

Please send more information on How to remove the Bage with out messing up the car painting.

Thanks

JV:hoho

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i used almost the same method OJ did almost. i just used the goo gone spray gel, and the fishing line.

01. Open trunk and put a cloth or towel under the trunk area, then close. to prevent dripping.

02. Spray the badge well on top and within the letters.

03. let it soak for a few mins.

04. cut about 3-4 ft of fishing line, then double it up by tying a knot.

05. roll up the fishing line so that u have a good grip on the fishing line and start from either the M or the A then do the 6 and go inward slowly moving the line up and down. it will make sum noises, but it's normal.

06. after cutting thru the glue/adhesive the badge will pop off.

07. spray more GooGone Spray Gell on the area where the adhesive still lays. let soak for a few mins.

08. with your fingernail, gently scrape the rest of the adhesive off.

09. your done!;)

·
Registered
170 Posts

What made you want to remove the badge? Does it look better? I want to see the pics when you get the daylight pics, I ordered the exact same car you have and would like to see it, thanks!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i only got a LEGAL % of tint here in NC. 35% is the legal, he said mines was like 32% so it's ok for inspection.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i'm just paranoid i guess. lol. i will go darker probably by antother 5% if i do.

·
Registered
464 Posts

I've seen people get tickets all the time up here. The cops carry around tint meters.

In the south though I rarely saw any problems when I was down there. Some friends even had 5% tint.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

thx. yeah. i have bad luck with cops so i went legal. dont' wanna chance gettin harrased by cops. i have a hard enuff time with em now.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Debadged & Tinted Windows

I have 35% on my car and they look good, especially at night. During the day they do their part and keep the glare out of the sides. I wish they'd be a little darker during the day and change to 35% at night. Would be perfect.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Debadged & Tinted Windows

I too, am curious to know about the advantage to debadging your car. Does it really enhance the appearance that much? I've always considered it to sort of steal the identity of the car. Also, can you put it back on if you don't like it after its off?

·
Registered
67 Posts

I just hate chrome and that was the first step in my overall chrome elimination operation. You can easily put the badges back on. Just make sure the backside of the badge is clean and 3M sells some double sided tape made specifically for emblems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts