Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I debadged my 'mazdaspeed' and '6' logo and i think it looks much better :D what about ya'll?
(please state what you have or have not debadged) :yesnod:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I debadged my 'mazdaspeed' and '6' logo and i think it looks much better :D what about ya'll?
(please state what you have or have not debadged) :yesnod:
[/b]
Can you post a picture? Are there holes under the trunk emblem?

Thanks,

·
Registered
661 Posts
I removed the name and number and debating on whether or not to remove the Mazda emblem too.

No holes - just adhesive. Use a hair dryer and dental floss and then clean up with goo-gone.

I'm a big fan of not advertising. If Mazda wants to rent that space I'm sure we can make a deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I heard that if you remove the Mazdaspeed badge, you'll lose about 80hp and be back to the normal power level of a 6s. :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
I heard that if you remove the Mazdaspeed badge, you'll lose about 80hp and be back to the normal power level of a 6s. :p
[/b]
Don't you mean 6i (read: powerloss issue). :nana:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/b]
I know man it sucks but vinyl adds hp so we'll see if I can get it back... (j/k) but seriously its not actually 80hp more like 72.5hp (duh) :slap: because the weight reduction and drag reduction gain you some ;)

PS I didnt remove the mazda logo but there are holes behind it

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know man it sucks but vinyl adds hp so we'll see if I can get it back... (j/k) but seriously its not actually 80hp more like 72.5hp (duh) :slap: because the weight reduction and drag reduction gain you some ;)

PS I didnt remove the mazda logo but there are holes behind it
[/b]
You actually did lose performance. The badges in the back kept weight on the rear wheels during take-offs. :laugh:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I removed the 6 and put an Atenza emblem on the opposite side of the trunk

MAZDASPEED Atenza

·
Registered
29 Posts
My next door neighbor, a good friend but also a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper working the Aggressive Driver Squad, pointed out the folly of driving around on South Florida interstates in a vehicle that advertises "speed" as its middle name.

So.. Taking his sage advice, I rebadged my US "MazdaSpeed6" into a European "Mazda6 - MPS".

[attachmentid=12340]

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where did u get the badging?
[/b]
"Mazda6" - Standard issue US badges.
"MPS" - Not available in the US, ordered from a Mazda dealer in UK or Australia, don't remember which.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It goes along with the whole "sleeper" thing. I have considered this as well. No need to give anyone any hints as to what it is. They can try to figure it out while they are studying the rear end...LOL!

R

·
Registered
39 Posts
I removed the mazda6 badge, but kept the owl in the front and rear. I parked next to the exact same vehicle as mine the other day and I think my rear looked a lot better. (well... mine was also freshly washed that morning...)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
21 Participants
Tillys 6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing