Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We keep hearing what the Next Mazda 6 could be, would be, might be, but I want to see what it WILL BE and soon! Until then, post an article and image(s) that caught your attention on Redesigned Mid-Sized Vehicles or Upscale Cars that Mazda needs to pay close attention to. I'll Start:

2021 Genesis G80...WHOA!!

ARTICLE: 2021 Genesis G80 Is Long, Lean, and Elegant

·
Super Moderator
17,075 Posts
Outside is fine but not sporty enough for me - Interior can go away IMO.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm still not into these tablet-stuck-in-dash style infotainment screens... and I need a shifter to hold on to.

·
Administrator
8,459 Posts
Bleh!

Their current G70 looks better than this.

And I may be biased, but IMO there isn't much you can improve on the current 6 in terms of styling, both inside and out.

·
Super Moderator
17,075 Posts
I'm still not into these tablet-stuck-in-dash style infotainment screens... and I need a shifter to hold on to.
Agreed to both. I'm still not a fan of electric parking brakes because I got in such a habit of having my physical one on when driving stick that it just feels wrong when I see a car with a little button.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bleh!

Their current G70 looks better than this.

And I may be biased, but IMO there isn't much you can improve on the current 6 in terms of styling, both inside and out.
I mean, the 2018+ model was essentially the redesign. Even if a completely new Mazda6 was released tomorrow, it'd essentially look identical except with the new switch gear, steering wheel, and center console from the Mazda 3/CX-30. The only exterior styling upgrade they would probably do is the new hood layout(where the hood doesn't reach the headlights) from the new Mazda 3. Other than that, the current 6 has all the new styling cues already.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the primary objective was missed based on the comments (which are fine). I requested Alternative Vehicles of Interest to be posted, as well as the provided comments. Any other vehicles of interest / concern until the next 6 (if any) is announced?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think the primary objective was missed based on the comments (which are fine). I requested Alternative Vehicles of Interest to be posted, as well as the provided comments. Any other vehicles of interest / concern until the next 6 (if any) is announced?
It has been a while since I last posted. I agree. I really like the Genesis g80. It had it's full reveal. I think Mazda next platform won't be ready until 2023. I will be on the market next year though. Hard choices coming up.

genesis g80

I really hope the next gen Mazda 6 comes out before I am in the market, but doesn't seem like it will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts