Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys who have bought the car already think I am crazy asking to buy a 6 with 5-speed, leather, sport package and comfort group and bose for $24,000? MSRP is like $25,400 and my dealer is not going for this at all. They are more or less citing that the car is in short supply as is (b/c it is a 5-speed) therefore they don't want to go much under msrp to begin with. I guess I am curious as to why someone would look at gift horse in the mouth if i'm ready to plunk down the cash for this car. There's still profit there to be had, am i crazy???

B

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: Dealing on the price of a 6

dnyhof,
I posted a remark in a different forum regarding a question similar to yours. If you offered them 1400 less than MSRP they should have jumped on it. Bypass your salesman and ask to talk to the sales manager...I bet he will sell it. If not, head over to a different dealership...they can find a 6 (maybe at a different) dealer that is similar to what you want. If you still can't get what you want, send me an email...I have a number of dealers down here who will sell at 2% over invoice...maybe less. I have already talked to them down here about this very thing. I am in the Central VA area, so let me know. Best of luck,

Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Dealing on the price of a 6'

NOT AT ALL

My MSRP was 26,380.00 Got mine for 24,280.00
Maybe not the best price but good enough for me. One dealer two towns over was not moving off sticker price, laughed at him and moved on. You should do the same

·
Registered
77 Posts

Dealers are less likely to move on the 5 speed models because they only get allocated a certain number of them. On the overall, I got the guy to move $1500 from his original offer, but that includes the trade in, so that really isnt a reflection of how much he was willing to work on the MSRP. Remember, if you special order the car the dealer gets a 2% holdback based on the MSRP. For those of you not familiar with holdback, it is money the manufacturer gives to the dealership to support the car on its inventory for 90 days. Therefore, if you order the car and pick it up right away, the dealer keeps the holdback as pure profit. The 6 has about a 10% mark up from the sources that I have seen, so on a 25k MSRP, the dealer stands to make $2500 plus a holdback of about $500.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I hear what you guys are saying, what stinks is that my dealer i'm working with still has not gotten one 5-speed v6 in yet (much less one with my options on it) and are expecting delivery of the one i want (which will be the first one) the third week of february. Their second one will be the third week of march! so natually they are sitting there looking at me saying i'll pay this, and then looking further down the road at someone who will pay list if i pass on the car. This stinks all around, i was up front with them and everything saying, they were the only dealer i talked to about ordering a car and i was giving them first shot at selling me one period! And they're still holding out for msrp. Also, my rep is telling me invoice is only $2400 under msrp and he's got nothing to work with that he can take to his manager.... Does 2400 sound realistic? It doesn't compared to some other the other posts i just looked at in the pricing forum.
Sorry about putting this in the wrong forum too, i didn't notice there was a pricing specific one.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Originally posted by darmc96

The 6 has about a 10% mark up from the sources that I have seen, so on a 25k MSRP, the dealer stands to make $2500 plus a holdback of about $500.[/b]
10%, I doubt that. More like 6-7 %, but I can be wrong. But I don't know about the holdback.

·
Registered
791 Posts

dnyhof, try buying from a dealer outside of urban areas. They'll do a dealer trade, and you'll get the exact same car from a dealer who isn't so convinced he can charge MSRP.

Got my '6 for $400 over invoice. My local no-haggle place asks $500 over invoice. This is in the Baltimore / Washington DC area- very urban, and a lot of dealers insisted on MSRP. "Next please!"

·
Registered
71 Posts

dnyhof, which state are you in? If you're in Southern California, I can refer you to some fleet person that I know will give it to you at that price.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Please also note that teh 5 speed manuals are VERY hard to come by unless you special order it. Currently, all the models that the dealers are getting are models that Mazda put together.

For example.. Alot of the sports package 6s out now have almost every option (leather, moonroof, comfort package) and automatic transmission. These are preset packages from Mazda themselves and only special orders can change them you want 5-spedd rather than auto). Wait until sales pick up more and mazda wil begin sending dealers many more varieties of cars with a myriad of different options.

By the way.. this is a common occurance with every new car induction into the US market from whatr I have seen.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Is there anyone live in Washington State area? I'm going to get a new Mazda6, but I don't want to pay over 24000 for the 6s sport/comfort package.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Originally posted by csuftitans

dnyhof, which state are you in?  If you're in Southern California, I can refer you to some fleet person that I know will give it to you at that price.[/b]

cfutitans, can you refer me to the dealer please? I live in Fullerton, SoCal. I have never seen a single Mazda6 at LA/Orange County. I bet you are the first 6 owner around here. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts

Ive also noticed the DC area being around MSRP.. but maybe I am not being agressive enough.... Ive always bought cars just above "invoice"

·
Registered
791 Posts

I should also add they have both i4 and V6 manuals in stock. I almost bought from them, and they were extremely friendly. In the end, I bought from Heritage Mazda, an hour north, for $100 over my Fitz quoted price (then $400 over, so I got it for $300 over). In theory, if Heritage Mazda will still do this, they'll sell for $150 over. I bought from Heritage after they found me a redfire 6i stick in Philly just in time for Christmas :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I'm going through a buying service that offers me a preset price (and a good one at that). However, it's through Brown's Fairfax Mazda. Apparently none of the MD dealerships are willing to use the pre-negotiated pricing, at least not with this service. Hopefully I can dangle the certificate in front of a more local dealership and tell them I can give them a guaranteed sale at this price or I'll go elsewhere. :p We shall see.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I just talked to a dealer on Saturday and he said Mazda is going to start offering better incentives in March/April. He didn't say what it will be (cash back/0% financing, etc.) but the only discounts at the moment are dealer offers. So if you can wait till then. . .

·
Registered
70 Posts

dnyhof, you don't live in Las Vegas do you? I spoke with a dealer here and he said that he's got a 6 on it's way and should arrive in late February/early March. A yellow, 5spd man., Sport Pack., and Audio Pack. If you do live here, we're going to have to battle for this one... =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Dealing on the price of a 6'

I have an order for my 6s with Comfort/Sport and 5-speed. I got a price of 23,120, pretty good I think...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts