Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went in the the dealership for my first oil change. I was expecting to to hear they wanted to do a reflash, they didn't say anything about it, there's nothing on the paperwork and there's no sticker in the door jamb. Would they do it and not document it or let me know or have on the paperwork?

Just curious.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I don't know what they are "supposed" to write on the paperwork. But I would think if they want to get paid for their time/warranty work that they would have to record it on your paperwork.

I got my first reflash done in July when I lived in Colorado. When I moved to Virginia I asked the dealer to check if there were updates on the flash. They looked up in the computer and said you already had the reflash, I told them I knew that, but wanted any recalibrations performed. When I got the car back they said they found 3 updates that I didn't have.

Both times my paperwork stated exactly what they did.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
It's one of those if you don't ask for it, they don't do it things apparently. I (foolishly) asked for it back when and they noted on the paperwork "customer requested ECU update". They wrote it up the same way on the 2nd flash a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts