Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 21k miles, coming up on 3 years of ownership. If I leave my car alone for more than a night I've been having to jump the car, so I figured I'd see if I could get a free battery. I called up a dealer, they said sure it can be covered under warranty.

While I was at it I mentioned the steering wheel clunk and figured they could do the grease TSB (which I specified). Now check this: Instead of the TSB they replaced an axle boot, and blamed the issue on my coilovers saying that it's because my car is lowered (my car really isn't that low, even have some wheel gap :p). I had the clunk before and they replaced the entire steering column then, but the clunk came back within 1k miles.

As to the battery, they said it's fine and said it's my alternator that can't keep up with "all my modifications", and that if I wanted to keep them I'd need a better alternator. All I have is a subwoofer/amp and a boost gauge. lol

I took the car to advance auto to get the battery checked and it turns out it was down to 130 CCA.

Dealership service grade: D-

Hey, at least they didn't charge me for it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
QUOTE (smoker6 @ Jan 22 2010, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631607
My car has 21k miles, coming up on 3 years of ownership. If I leave my car alone for more than a night I've been having to jump the car, so I figured I'd see if I could get a free battery. I called up a dealer, they said sure it can be covered under warranty.

While I was at it I mentioned the steering wheel clunk and figured they could do the grease TSB (which I specified). Now check this: Instead of the TSB they replaced an axle boot, and blamed the issue on my coilovers saying that it's because my car is lowered (my car really isn't that low, even have some wheel gap :p ). I had the clunk before and they replaced the entire steering column then, but the clunk came back within 1k miles.

As to the battery, they said it's fine and said it's my alternator that can't keep up with "all my modifications", and that if I wanted to keep them I'd need a better alternator. All I have is a subwoofer/amp and a boost gauge. lol

I took the car to advance auto to get the battery checked and it turns out it was down to 130 CCA.

Dealership service grade: D-

Hey, at least they didn't charge me for it.[/b]
it would depend on how loud you're thumpin that subwoofer and how loud your speakers are.

My radar detector has a "voltage monitor" option that lets me see the voltage of the system while on. if, while driving and having the music blasting causes the voltage to drop lower than 12-12.5v more than just once every 10 seconds or more -- it's not charging the system well and the alternator is overloaded.

By now the battery is pretty much shot and you need to replace it ASAP. if you do not, you can say goodbye to your alternator as well.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock speakers, subwoofer is just a 12" type-r powered by 600w pheonix gold amp, and i listen to my audio at volume level "12", so I don't exactly blast my music. lol And yeah I'm picking up a new battery tomorow.

·
Registered
578 Posts
lemme guess... whitten mazda???

those were the clowns that removed my TT front motor mount when they did my transfer case TSB.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Dealerships are just full of incompetent idiots. My local one is absolutely pathetic (I didn't know a tmic, cai, bov, and cbe constitute a "racecar"). It really is disappointing. But hey, least ya got a free new axle boot ;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'm lower than you and they never gave me any crap about being lowered. I actually had all my axles replaced by them. Ended up being a bent rear axle. Atleast they did my clutch tsb. Didn't replace the clutch pedal and wouldn't align my car afterwards. Said they had to charge me extra for it. I never cared for that dealership. Its almost like they want your car in and out. Are you waiting for your car? I always told them no since I live an hour away. Then they just parked it in the back and would call me the next afternoon telling me they didnt see anything wrong with it. They always stalled it out while pulling it out of the garage.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I stopped going to the stealerships because they all proved to be completely useless. F*ck em all (or at least the ones I've been to).
When I say - I don't care about the warranty, do the work and I'll pay out of my pocket, and they still don't even want to look at my car - that's just crappy, IMO. :/

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's my belief they didn't actually do anything, or even look at my car for that matter. Battery was at 130CA like I mentioned, and the knock while turning is still there. I need to get my hands on that grease from the TSB that people mentioned solved the issue. So far I bought a new yellow top today. Fucking mazda.

On the plus side I cancelled my extended warranty the other day as well, so I ought to get a check in 2-3 weeks. We'll see if they at least do that much.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
lol i told my dealer i broke the wheel speed sensor when i was adjusting my CO's and they replaced it free under warranty. even with my mod list below HAHA

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
QUOTE (RhoadBlock @ Jan 22 2010, 11:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631667
Dealerships are just full of incompetent idiots. My local one is absolutely pathetic (I didn't know a tmic, cai, bov, and cbe constitute a "racecar"). It really is disappointing. But hey, least ya got a free new axle boot ;)[/b]
ferman? They never gave me crap.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My dealer replaced my driveshaft with my built motor on the GT35 on the car.. Never had a problem with them..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts