Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer in Mission Valley, CA and was attended by the shop foreman. I explained to him that I have a High pitched (whistle) sound coming somewhere around the alternator area. We took a ride together for a while to see if I can reproduce the sound and luckily it did. He heard the noise and grabbed his labtop and plugged it into the car and scanned it.

First, he checked to see if there are any updates for the 2005 Mazda 6i---NONE
Second, he scanned my car and found a code that popped in his computer. He said the code pointed to
the EGR. But I have no CEL???
Third, no code or problems came up on his scan in regards to the high pitched sound my car was making.
But he will check for Timing, pulleys and vacuum leak.

So I made an appointment for Tuesday at 7:30 am and will do a further check up on the EGR and other things mentioned.

I also spoke to hm about adding High Performance Products to my car and he said, "I have no problem with that" but if you ever bring your car for a check up and we find out the problem was due to the High Performance product we will not work on it...but, if you go home and replace everything back to stock we will check it for you...that is if it still gives you the problem.

So, Mission Valley Dealer = COOL

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Hrm, I assume you mean John Hine, and yes, they are awesome. I was in there a week ago for a seat issue and sideskirt issue.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that they are not open on saturday

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrm, I assume you mean John Hine, and yes, they are awesome. I was in there a week ago for a seat issue and sideskirt issue.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that they are not open on saturday
[/b]
Yes, it is John Hine Mazda :) .

I wish it was open Saturday too. I think the El Cajon Dealer is the only one open on saturdays but for simple things like engine, tranny etc fluid change.

I will post results after visit. I know that there are a couple of members having the same issue so hopefully they find the problem.

Nice new pic of your car Matt

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wish they had good dealers like that in New Jersey, only Wayne Mazda here is good, but it's too far from where I live.

·
Registered
780 Posts
good to know. I bought mines off of the one in national city. The customer wasnt great or nothing, just mediocre. Thanx for the heads up. I'll drop by the one in mission valley to have em check out my starter and the squeals when reversing. Maybe I'll even get to test drive the speed6 while I'm there or an rx8!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good to know. I bought mines off of the one in national city. The customer wasnt great or nothing, just mediocre. Thanx for the heads up. I'll drop by the one in mission valley to have em check out my starter and the squeals when reversing. Maybe I'll even get to test drive the speed6 while I'm there or an rx8!
[/b]
Oh yeah, do not go to the National City Dealer, they lack in customer service. THEY SUCK.

I am in the process, of purchasing a mazdaspeed short shifter so keep an eye out for a SD Install Meet in the Pacific and Pacific NW section. More than likely late April or early May. It would be nice to see new faces and to see your car, it looks nice.

·
Registered
780 Posts
hey nando, the meet would be great. I'd like to see the other mazda 6's in the area, but lemme ask u, when you took your car to the dealer, did u have to take out the mods u did? ..cause i have the V6 and have the injen intake with the cp-e customizer connected to the ecu..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey nando, the meet would be great. I'd like to see the other mazda 6's in the area, but lemme ask u, when you took your car to the dealer, did u have to take out the mods u did? ..cause i have the V6 and have the injen intake with the cp-e customizer connected to the ecu..
[/b]
Yes, I replaced everything back to stock. The service manager Mike Hill (I think that's what his last name is) and the Shop Foreman told me that they will fix any type of CEL or warranty claim as long as you put eveything back to stock.

I do not think there is a dealer here in San Diego that would try to fix a problem with any car while having upgraded with the good stuff. I heard of a couple in LA but not SD.

I believe the next meet should be after May 18, 2006 since some of us are still in college and are busy studying for finals.

But next meet would consist of installing a Mazdaspeed Short Shifter (ME) and new rotors (brakes) for dabears2k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Nando 6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing